“Welcome back from retirement Pasquale” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 1,901 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Frizzante is a Family run Italian restaurant situated in the heart of Edinburgh. With a relaxed and warm atmosphere its the perfect venue for a intimate meal for two of for a warm get together with family and friends. Frizzante caters in fine Neapolitan and traditional Italian cuisine as well as daily specials and expertise in fish dishes. Close to the Usher Hall and lyceum theatre as well as many other city center attractions.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Welcome back from retirement Pasquale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

What can I say we have been enjoying Pasquale's food for more years than I can remember. When he decided to retire he was a TREMENDOUS loss to the Italian cuisine scene. Imagine my delight when by chance I went on to Trip Advisor to look for an Italian restaurant and found that Pasquale was back from retirement and had taken over Il Frizzante about a year ago. it was my birthday and I was being taken out for lunch by my husband. And what a lunch it was - I still can't believe that I found Pasqale again. His cooking was even better than I remembered it if that is at all possible. My husband always judges an Italian restaurant by the bolognese sauce and could not find fault with Pasquale's. If you want to try a starter that s a little different try the
Parmigiana Nonna Carmela which is a recipe passed down to Pasquale by his mother Carmela.
All in all we had a delicious meal and made my birthday perfect. We are lucky enough to live in Edinburgh and Il Frizzante will definitely be on our regular eating out list. DO VISIT YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. I read one of the reviews which gave the restaurant one star!! Go figure!!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food and attentive staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere to eat out and found this place on Trip advisor. I called to make a reservation on the phone and they couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. We were slightly late so I called them to let them know and I was told this wasn't a problem and our table would be waiting for us. When we arrived the staff were cheerful and welcoming. Our service was consistently speedy and efficient throughout the entire meal without losing the warmth and friendliness. The food was amazing, I had the mussels to start and then the sirloin diana and my boyfriend had the bruschetta then pizza. Would recommend all, the portions sizes were perfect and it was excellent value for money. The desserts had a generous helping and were tasty also. Our waitress, Livia, was fantastic and easy to chat to while not being imposing. The manager Johnny was a pleasure to meet as well. My favourite thing about this place was that you felt like they got to know you and had a lovely homey atmosphere. Can't wait to go back!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Brilliant, Best Italian Resteraunt We have Eaten in !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Me and my husband had the most delicious meal here. The lady who served us was just lovely and so friendly as was the owner who put real attention to detail in making our night perfect !!!
Would recommend this restaurant to anyone as the food is amazing and the sevice, friendliness and atmosphere was brilliant. The price was also very very good.

Congleton, United Kingdom
“loved this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

me and my husband went here while visiting edinbourgh for our wedding anniversary, it was a very relaxing evening with nice back-ground music. the food was lovely we both had soup, i had pizza and it was very nice, the hubby had chicken and mushrooms in a creamy sauce (cant remember the proper name) he said it was also very nice. the staff were soooooo friendly and extremely helpful!! its a family run business, and was nice to see the whole family working so well together.. excellent service, excellent food . we will 100% be visiting them next time were in edinbourgh.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i spent the weekend in Edinburgh. And whilst in a pub used the trip advisor app to find local good food. It came up with with this gem. We received a very warm welcome from the staff and owner. Ordered a couple of beers and a garlic bread with cheese to share both went down nicely. For main course i had sea food pasta and my wife had lasagne. i can honestly say it was the best pasta dish i have ever eaten. My wife also enjoyed her lasagne both dishes cleared. The lady that served us was lovely and we had a nice chat. The owner came over also a real character I felt like we could have sat there all evening chatting and enjoying the atmosphere, company and drinks.
I cannot wait to go back. Really good spot well worth finding when in Edinburgh.