“Breathtaking!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street)

You added Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) to your Saves list
Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street)
121 - 123 Princes Street, Edinburgh EH2 4AD, Scotland (New Town)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rooms from £69
Ranked #9 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
Pitt Meadows, Canada
“Breathtaking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We spent one night at this hotel and followed it with a day touring Edinburgh. We had top floor castle view rooms on the front of the building. The view was breathtaking, especially at night with the castle lit up. My daughter had a water leak in her room and was given another with a box of chocolates as a "sorry for your inconvenience" gift. We had a problem with an alarm in our room, and after several attempts to resolve the issue, we finally shut it off. The hotel did not charge us for our room since our sleep had been disturbed.

That day, after check-out, we were allowed to store our suitcases in a locked room until evening when we picked them up.

Just a great feeling of caring and service from this hotel, and it would have been worth it even if they had charged us for the night.

Room Tip: Ask for the front castle view rooms, the view is breathtaking.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street), responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Keith44562666,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences following your recent stay with us.

I was very touched to read your comments and whilst it's very disappointing that your stay was disturbed, unfortunately sometimes issues do arise that are unforeseen, however what stands out from your review is that my team handled the situation to a high standard.

At Premier Inn we do offer our Good Night Guarantee, I am very proud that we make this unique pledge to our guests and I believe that this demonstrates our confidence and genuine commitment to making sure our guests have a fantastic stay with us.

Thank you again for your comments, I really do appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you and your family back in the future.

Warmest regards
Ailsa Riva
Operations Manager
opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here with my daughter and two of our friends. Room was spotless, service very friendly. Got extra duvets for the double beds delivered with a smile. They kept our luggage locked safely away on check out day until the train departed. Will use them again.

Stayed July 2014
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Sometimes the best hotels can be determined not by how well everything goes in a normal situation but by how well they handle themselves when absolutely everything going wrong. This is one of those cases.

We booked early and requested castle view rooms. Well, we got them. The views were amazing. Unfortunately, when I was admiring my castle view, I noticed my feet were getting wet. Turns out there was some sort of water leak in my room and it covered a very large area right by the window. I called and they set someone up right away to take a look. It turned out that this was no normal spill from a previous guest but a serious leakage. Management was called up and it was determined that this was not an easy fix. I was offered a different room on the same floor though without quite as impressive a view (as all the other castle rooms had already checked in). I took the offered room and they quickly went in and set it up for me (as it had been originally earmarked for a larger group), The new room still had a castle view and was quite comfy so I was happy. My parents and I went out for some food and when we returned, there was a card and a box of Milk Tray chocolates on my desk, simply saying sorry for the issue and thanks for being so understanding. Considering it was all good, I was impressed by the added touch and chocolates (yum!).

Then, that night, my parents had an alarm go off in their room. Again, called downstairs, had someone come up to fix it, fix didn't take, it went off again, person came back and this time showed my parents how to turn it off. Again, it wasn't something easily fixed. After getting up several times, my mom finally turned the system off to avoid the alarm. Next morning, my parents came down to find out that the charge for their room had been erased - free night at the hotel since their sleep was interrupted.

The woman at the check-in desk, a fellow Canadian like us, also gave us several food recommendations over the course of our stay and every one of them was gold! Such delicious food and great places!

While our stay was a bit of a comedy of errors, the way the hotel handled it and treated us throughout was excellent. That to me is the sign of a great hotel.

Room Tip: castle views are hard to come by but have amazing views :)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sunderland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We have stayed at a few Premier Inns, including the one at Leith (excellent, but a bit out of the way of the centre), but this time we opted for the recently refurbished Princess Street hotel. Wow what a find, when you consider the location. We opted to have our breakfast paid in with our booking and it was really good, enough continental fare to keep the Europeans happy, with typical English cooked breakfast available, although our poached egg seemed to take a little while. The only criticism of the breakfast, was no lorne sausage, no haggis and no black pudding.

Staff on the whole were of a very high standard, which I have come to expect of the Premier chain, even the one girl having an 'off day' wasn't enough to change our mind about how good the staff are. We did a 3 night stay Sun-Tues and whilst the room wasn't ready for the 2.00pm check-in when we arrived at 3.15hrs, the staff were very apologetic and more than happy to stow our cases. You can walk to the train station within 5minutes.

They also had some really nice views from the Reception area across to Princess Gardens and up to the castle.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Lovely hotel, friendly staff, opposite the castle. amazing views. great location . Restaurant not to our taste, bit pricey as is breakfast. Easy to access buses and trains (and trams) Shame couldn't open windows, all air con which is a bit noisy at night

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Just back from a weekend in Edinburgh for a friends hen do. Booked a night in the Premier Inn on Princes Street as I think they are great hotels in general. Really comfy beds, clean, well maintained rooms. We had a room that faced out on to Princes Street with the most spectacular view of the castle! Couldnt have asked for abetter room. No noise form the street outside could be heard. For a budget hotel this was really fantastic. Staff were friendly, and went out their way to let us have a room to change in when we arrived as our room wasn't ready. We will be back!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

SoCal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed one day in center of Edinburgh at the Premier Inn. First Experience with this hotel chain, met and exceeded my expectations!

Location is great, very close to shopping area, Edinburgh Castle and few blocks down hill to Arthur's Seat, Scottish Parliament, Palace of Holyroodhouse, Royal Mile. Came by Taxi, not sure where parking is.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, no problems with check in. Liked the "check in manned kiosk." Rooms were very modern. clean and very quiet, considering, we had a room facing the Edinburgh Castle and Princes Street. I

No problems with plumbing or temperature control of room. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Everything you need in a hotel of this class--very efficient. We did not use their WiFi, brought our own portable WIFI device.

No complaints about this hotel and would definitely spend another visit here. Very enthusiastic staff, great first impression of Premier Inn chain.

Room Tip: Try to get a room view of the Edinburgh Castle!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street)? Share your experiences!