“Great location, excellent standard of room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street)

You added Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) to your Saves list
Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street)
121 - 123 Princes Street, Edinburgh EH2 4AD, Scotland (New Town)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rooms from £69
Ranked #9 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
Exeter
“Great location, excellent standard of room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here for five nights in the middle of January. The location is wonderful, and we were lucky enough to have a room high up, looking up towards the castle.

The best thing about the hotel, besides the location, is the standard of accommodation. The beds are wonderfully comfortable, and everything is spotless. The bathroom is modern and well lit. Our room was very spacious and had a couch as well as a double bed with a roll out mattress beneath. I really liked the floor- to- ceiling windows, and the blackout curtains really did their job.

There were a couple of drawbacks, which is why I'm giving the hotel four stars rather than five. On our first morning the fire bell went off, and we had to evacuate. Whilst it wasn't pleasant to be stood on prince's street first thing in the morning in my pyjamas we understood that it was for our safety and the alarm was genuine. However, I wasn't impressed with the way staff merely stood together and chatted amongst themselves. No one really communicated with us or explained what was going on. Then suddenly it was all over and we were told to go back in, no explanations or apologies. Even if it had just been someone smoking in their room it would have been nice to have been told.

I should also say that if you have any valuable possessions in your suitcases you may wish to think twice before leaving them at reception as they are not locked in a secure room but just left behind the reception desk, in clear view.

One final point is that the restaurant menu is a bit rubbish for vegetarians, but there are some fabulous restaurants in Edinburgh so don't bother eating there!

All in all, though, this is a great hotel and if you are savvy you can get it for a brilliant price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street), responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Quincybella,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I'm delighted that in the main, you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy one of our fabulous rooms overlooking the castle. I'm sure you'll agree it's a lovely site to wake up to!

I really thank you for your feedback regarding the fire evacuation, luckily this doesn't happen very often but when it does it's great to get an understanding from all perspectives. I have gone over your comments with all of my duty managers this afternoon to ensure that in future they ensure that communication remains one of their key priorities in the unlikely event of evacuation. Indeed the Duty Manager that morning extends his apologies for not ensuring you were kept fully informed.

Some good news to share with you is that we are in the process of getting a new luggage store converted and I ensure you until completion, all bags left with Reception are manned at all times.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your views with us and I really hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind regards
Ailsa Riva
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The room was great! However the room was burgled so make sure all your valuables are secured with reception. The hotel staff promptly called the police but we were offered no upgrade or discount. Otherwise the hotel was well located and convenient to all shopping , nightlife and sightseeing.

Room Tip: Not sure if this will help but we were located on the same floor as reception. Mayother the higher u...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street), responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I was most concerned to learn of your recent experience with Premier Inn.
Please be assured we take the security of our guests very seriously and we are currently investigating this matter with the Management Team and we will be in contact with you directly.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Naina
Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Porto, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Much more that I would expect from this range of price for a weekend break. Modern, clean, big room, silent, comfortable bed and pillows, friendly staff. I expect some quality and I prefer to pay for that quality, and that's why I was very surprised with the price/quality ratio I found in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

As soon as we arrived we were delighted to find out that we had received a view of the castle. It is absolutely amazing. If you don't receive this view however it will not impede your stay as the hotel is so close to everything.
Our room was larger than where we have stayed so far on our trip and was impeccably clean. The staff were wonderful and friendly and we never had a problem with them.
Our air conditioning stopped working and with one phone call to reception it was fixed within five minutes.
On the morning we left, the fire alarm went off at about 9:30 am and we were taken to the meeting point at the corner. The staff were friendly and in control once they realised what was happening. We were back in our rooms within half an hour.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2013
Nr London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The room had all the newest amenities, the bath ultra-modern. Comfiest beds, even the extra they brought in at our request. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Truly the best hotel experience in decades. Thanks, Premier Inn!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Castle - the view is superb!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was a very short stop-over on our way further north. We were sent detailed directions from the station, so no problems in finding the location, and we were met at reception with the warmest of welcomes, out-doing some of the very expensive hotels that we have previously experienced. We had a great room overlooking Edinburgh Castle, and the only thing missing was an electric razor point!
Very clean and airy room, the location is ideal for business or pleasure, (shopping trips), and have their own small restaurant. We will recommend this hotel to all our friends and relatives, and if you're considering a stay in Edinburgh, you will not be disappointed if choosing this hotel. The buildings are good, but the most important thing that I look for in a hotel, is the staff. They are number one on my list and I could not fault the staff at this hotel, especially the receptionist. If I had a hotel, I would be ecstatic to find a young lady as good as this to work on my behalf to give my customers the very best of welcomes. 5* rating.

Room Tip: View of Edinburgh Castle, (great view at night)
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights over the New Year and would certainly stay here again. The staff were amazing and were really friendly and helpful, especially with my two young children aged one and eight. The hotel and room was really clean and the room was exceptionally spacious and modern and cleaned every day. All the staff were really friendly and were always on hand to help with anything. The breakfast was superb and the restaurant menu/food was really of high standard as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Edinburgh. The location is perfect and the view out over the castle is awsome. Shops virtually next door and the train station only a 10 min walk away. 10 out of 10 for sure.

Room Tip: We requested a room with a castle view but this was sadly not possible. We could not fault the room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street)? Share your experiences!