“Welcome Coffee Break” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery
Scotland
“Welcome Coffee Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

After a long hike down the River Almond this place was a welcome find. Delicious home-made, piping hot scones had just been freshly baked and brought into the cafe. A log fire was burning in a cast iron stove; interesting decor surrounded us - and the cappucinos, accompanying the scones, went down a treat. We didn't stop for lunch (although the lentil and lavender soup looked interesting!) We'll be back. We bought our sustenance at the entrance servery and carried into the indoor seating area- so we didn't really experience any 'service'. The coffee maker was 'foreign' - and not that welcoming but the female 'owner' was very pleasant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
  • Polish first
Edinburgh
“Perfect place for baby's first outing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

After deciding to take a trip to the Falls Cafe with our newborn son, we were very impressed with the extra service we received.
As I'm recovering from a c section, the owner and her daughter helped my husband to carry the pram through to the warmer room (even though we were happy to stay in the first room, we were more comfortable once we'd moved) and they carried our food and drinks through too.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh
“Not consistent in service/food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Maybe I am unlucky but I had a previous poor experience at this cafe, but thought I would give it another try based on the reviews, however this visit was as poor as previous visit. Very slow service, expensive for quality of food and drinks and tables dirty, sticky and in need of a good clean!

Visited March 2013
elaine s, Owner at Cramond Falls Cafe, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hi,
I remember your last visit and your terrible review
You were served very fast last time and its not the end of the world that chutney was missed out
remember it is a 5 pound meal we are talking about
I disagree with you about our tables as we were recovering 50 of them yesterday with new covers
I had wiped down all the tables twice or three times
We pride ourselves with fast service and very good service
We serve 100"s of people every week with no complaint
If you think I am expensive vote with your feet I understand fully
I would rather serve people who enjoy the cafe than people who hate it
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“mmmm fabulous cake and coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I recently stopped here for a coffee as part of a sunday hike. It's a fabulous cafe selling delicious home make cakes and wonderful coffee. It's larger than you think with an indoor and outdoor seating area and a fabulous selection of sweet and savoury offerings. The setting is idylic - right on the water front and yet sheltered from the elements. I woudl high;ly recommend you stop by the next time you take a walk in Crammond. It's a ideal place to stop and smell the roses... and induldge in a piece of delicious homebaking ...

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“AN OASIS ON THE RIVER ALMOND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The reason and driver that motivates our family to take a wander along the River Almond; knowing that there is the 'deliciousness' of the 'Cramond Falls Cafe' at the end of our daddy walk! If you're a chocoholic the hot chocolate with the works is a must; and the rocky road is amazing...infact, all of the home baking is brill!! Thanks to all at Cramond Falls Cafe!!!