As our flight was delayed and we opted to fly into Glasgow and took a bus to Edinburgh, arriving at the central bus station.It was about 12.30pm so I rang the hotel, who said that our room wasn't ready but that we could leave our bags at reception.
Arriving by taxi (about £5.50 from bus station), the hotel seemed further away than I expected, but at reception they explained that walking through a lane we were on the Royal Mile.
The hotel is wonderfully placed - close to Holyrood Palace, Arthur's Seat, the Royal Mile and within walking distance of almost everything in Edinburgh.
When we arrived, we were told our room was ready and we were delighted with our apartment of 2 bedrooms, one en-suite, one main bathroom, lounge and kitchen.
As others have mentioned, we were provided with ample welcome pack which included a full loaf, milk, yogurts, orange juice, loads of butter and jams, biscuits and tea and coffee.
The kitchen was beautifully clean and there was a washing machine and dishwasher as well as cooking facilities.
As others have said - there are no views - take a walk down the road and up Arthur's Seat for the most amazing views. We did hear some noises from loud revellers - but it's a Capital city - if you want peace go to the country. We slept like babies with all the walking we did.
Downsides: minor, but in our room (306) there were a number of patches on the ceiling - presumably caused by rooms above. I know this is an issue with all hotels, but don't they have a pot of white paint on stand-by?
Also the bed cover was so damaged at the edges (probably by washing etc) but it really let the look of the place down as everything else looked so good.
Make sure when you book that you don't get trapped by the Cookie Monster! Booking.com had registered my interest through Trip Advisor and the price was shown as £180 per night!
I used my OH's laptop and halved the price. However reading other people's comments, I'll be looking to go to the Penthouse next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holyrood Aparthotel offers you best hotel accommodation in Edinburgh. Choose one of our exclusive self catering apartments and enjoy the privacy & services of a hotel room but with with the freedom and space more like home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Holyrood apartHOTEL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holyrood ApartHOTEL Edinburgh, Scotland
- Holyrood Aparthotel Hotel Edinburgh