I stayed at the Holyrood Aparthotel in December 2012 together with three members of my family. In my opinion the hotel offers an excellent option for people traveling in groups since you don't need to book two separate rooms (as in most other hotels) and the spaces provided are ample enough to provide for two fully separate rooms with decently sized beds, a desk, and a closet, plus one ensuite and one bathroom near the hall, both with showers, a fully furnished kitchen, a dining room, and a tv/sitting room.
As other reviewers have commented the location is very good, close enough to the royal mile (right under it), minutes away from Parliament and Holyrood Park (for arthur's seat), right next to a Tesco's for grocery shopping, and a short 15 minute walk to the center of town for dining out and sightseeing.
Unlike what other commentators experienced, we did not have any issue with linens and the apartment's cleanliness was very good so no complaints there. The price is remarkable for a highly tourist-oriented city in the UK and perhaps the only element i would be missing is a fitness room and a restaurant on site for whenever you do not want to go out or cook in your apartment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holyrood Aparthotel offers you best hotel accommodation in Edinburgh. Choose one of our exclusive self catering apartments and enjoy the privacy & services of a hotel room but with with the freedom and space more like home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holyrood apartHOTEL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holyrood ApartHOTEL Edinburgh, Scotland
- Holyrood Aparthotel Hotel Edinburgh