I was travelling with a small group for a weekend in Edinburgh and we booked this Aparthotel for its convenience and good price.
The apartment itself was very comfortable and the facilities were excellent, and the location was very central.
The rooms were VERY noisy. Firstly it was the neighbours which I appreciate is unavoidable, but the walls were paperthin and there did seem to be a number of groups on Stag/Hen weekends who partied until all hours. Secondly, and more unavoidable, was the waterworks of the hotel. Through the night there was a continual noise of running water in pipes just behind the walls and what sounded like very noisy pumps going on and off all night. Both factors led to pretty disturbed sleep on both nights.
Also, we needed to use the sofa bed and were told that bedding would be provided. None was there on arrival and after asking for some at reception, we arrived back in at midnight only to find that 4 cushion covers had been provided for us. How we were meant to sleep with that was beyond us!
The reception staff were also a bit disorganised. There was a mix up with parking bookings, we were told that the Friday night was full and Saturday available. We parked our car elsewhere on the Friday and then in their car park on the Saturday - only to be charged two nights. When we queried this we were told that we had booked the two nights, even although the girl who was spoken to took the booking and remembered telling us there was only one night free! The manager, Leon I think, never contacted us about this - even after two phone calls to the hotel and being told that he would be in contact. No refund for unused night was given.
Poor & unefficient service, noisy and lack of customer consideration. It's a shame as it is a good facility. Wouldn't recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holyrood Aparthotel offers you best hotel accommodation in Edinburgh. Choose one of our exclusive self catering apartments and enjoy the privacy & services of a hotel room but with with the freedom and space more like home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LateRooms, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Holyrood apartHOTEL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holyrood ApartHOTEL Edinburgh, Scotland
- Holyrood Aparthotel Hotel Edinburgh