By any standard Hollyrood Aparthotel deserves its excellent reputation. The hotel offers well equipped apartment style rooms with every amenity I would expect in a long term residence. More importantly the staff are professional, attentive, and friendly. The location is quiet, convenient to most of the Royal Mile, and easy to find for a tourist new to town.
My only complaint, if it even approaches a complaint, is that providing the high quality of service seems to have come at the cost of cutting some corners in the maintenance and installation work of some of the fixtures. In particular, our flat had a water pump under the kitchen sink which was not secured, or mounted to the floor or wall. When we used the shower, the kitchen sink, or any system which drained water, we were subject to 10-15 minutes of loud, aggravating noise from the pump rattling under the sink. Also, the main bathroom had a handicap accessible sink which was placed about 3 feet off of the ground; while this is very convenient for someone in a wheel chair, no one with back problems or difficulties bending would be able to use it. Other than these minor issues, the Holyrood Aparthotel was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holyrood Aparthotel offers you best hotel accommodation in Edinburgh. Choose one of our exclusive self catering apartments and enjoy the privacy & services of a hotel room but with with the freedom and space more like home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Orbitz and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Holyrood apartHOTEL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holyrood ApartHOTEL Edinburgh, Scotland
- Holyrood Aparthotel Hotel Edinburgh