“excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kew House

You added Kew House to your Saves list
Kew House
5.0 of 5 Guest house   |   1 Kew Terrace | Murrayfield, Edinburgh EH12 5JE, Scotland (West End)   |
Announcement
Double rooms from £89.00
Ranked #10 of 445 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went there for a 4 days´ trip. We stayed in the same hotel and it was excellent: service, clean, delicious breakfast. 20 minutes walk to the city centre but it is near to the airport and you can take several buses in front of the door. Quiet area but near to the main attractions and restaurants. Totally recommend it.

Room Tip: We chose an en-suite room, and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our holiday stay at Kew House last week was absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much for everything - accommodations were above expectations, comfortable and relaxing. Breakfast was delicious and our hosts were very helpful with any questions that we had. We don't hesitate to give a glowing recommendation to anyone thinking of staying at Kew House as we look forward to doing so again. Cheers !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Overall I had a fantastic stay at Kew House. I was warmly welcomed having phoned ahead after my sat nav took me the wrong way and helpfully directed to the property and shown to the private parking area. I was greeted and showed to a lovely double room complete with delicious chocolates upon arrival and a lovely selection of toiletries. The service was charming and you could tell that they really went the extra mile with everything. I was recommended a lovely restaurant 'First Coast' where I had a delicious meal, just a 10 minute walk from Kew House. In the morning I had a lovely home cooked breakfast and was given helpful directions to where I was working that day. 5 star accomodation and delightful hosts.

Room Tip: The double room I had (overlooking the rear of the property) was very spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just had another wonderful stay here. Everything is perfect with cleaniness and comfort to the fore. Breakfast is first class with plenty of choice and sets you up for the day. Ian and Allan are great hosts and nothing is too much trouble for them.

Not the cheapest of establishments but well worth the cost. Excellent location 5 minutes from Murrayfield and easy access to the city centre.

Will be back again.

Ernie and Caroline Inverarity

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ianEdinburgh, Owner at Kew House, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about ourselves and Kew House. We enjoyed having you stay with us again even if the result at Murrayfield was disappointing.

I would also like to thank all the recent reviewers for taking the time to comment so favourably on their stay at Kew House. I wouldn't like them to think because we don't answer every review personally, we do not appreciate the reviews because we do. As a small business these comments motivate us to keep going.
Liphook, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at Kew House - I doubt we would want to go to Edinburgh unless we could stay here. It is simply excellent with top quality service, spotless rooms and a calming atmosphere abounds. A great place to stay for the Rugby just a few mins walk to Murrayfield and a short bus ride into the city center or the airport. You are made very welcome by the owners and we recommend you listen to their suggestions of places to eat - always spot on 'Ian & Alan thanks again from us both we will see you again'

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
libraryladyfo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here several years ago, and while traveling through England & Scotland over 19 days this was by FAR our best stopover. Parking off street for our rental car, the warm greeting from Ian & Alan made us feel instantly at home. They were generous with their meals and the advice about public transportation and must see things was above & beyond the call. So glad to see they are still around, we're planning a return trip and can't wait to visit again. This time w/o the kids. We traveled before 2012 but the drop down choice did not allow me to put the accurate date.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Wrecsam, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been staying at Kew House for something like 14 years on and off. The accommodation is of the highest standard and I state this with vast experience and confidence. The quality of the rooms and service offered by Ian and Alan is impeccable (chocolates, sherry available in your room which is appreciated after a long drive). I have stayed both on business and also as a tourist and all with the same result - quality and comfort. Parking at Kew House is free (and very safe), and compared to many other hotels this is a definite bonus. Many hotels suggest that you arrive as a guest and leave as a friend, but never has this rung so true as here. Breakfasts are glorious, and there is free wifi which is another added plus.

The location is excellent, either a short bus ride into the city centre, or a 15-20 minute walk. I prefer the walk as Edinburgh is one of the most attractive cities to walk in the UK.

My recent stay was only for one night, and even though I had not stayed for quite some time, I felt like I'd never been away. I cant wait to re-visit, hopefully soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Kew House? Share your experiences!