“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #969 of 1,901 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: It's a pub serving food.
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Excellent value money and great atmosphere! The staff are more than happy to help and great to chat to!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Scotland
“Amazing service, good food, superb coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Burger n a drink for £5.

Superb deal as a student, also nhs discount.

Two lunches, two coffees n a soft drink £12. Amazing. Strongly recommend this place- and I don't often do that.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“Fantastic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

What can I say! The staff were bubbly and friendly (especially the girl with short hair and glasses), the drinks were great, the atmosphere was awesome!

We will be back, with friends, soon!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Absolutely disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My partner and I decided to head along to the Waiting Room last night for tea and despite frequenting the pub on numerous occasions over the last year I have to say that the food quality has declined to such an extent that I will never visit the pub again. Over the course of my previous visits it has been most noticable that the food quality has dipped but as a local we thought the food was still decent enough, however last night my partner and I were both ill having been served nothing but warmed up food which I could have bought at a supermarket. The food was either fried until it was dry or simply horiible....we both left thoroughly unsatisfied and with a dreadful after taste in our mouths. Needless to say we were both ill later and would implore you not to visit this pub for food, Morningside has many good eateries so please go and visit one of those!

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Belfast
“Nice local, good pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I like the Waiting Room because it is rarely jam-packed, meaning it's great to go for a quiet drink or some tasty pub grub. The prices are reasonable for both the food and drinks and the staff are very friendly.

Visited August 2012