“Pricing policy at scrambles soft play - stupid!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Edinburgh International Climbing Arena

Edinburgh International Climbing Arena
South Platt Hill, Newbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland (Cowgate)
0131 333 6333.
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 215 Attractions in Edinburgh
Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Pricing policy at scrambles soft play - stupid!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I visited Scrambles soft play today to be told that they have changed there pricing policy. The new policy is 0-6 months are free, 7 months now cost £2 an hour or £2.50 for an hour and a half , whoever thought of this must see to know something I don't? Child developmemt must change dramatically from 6 to 7 month old babies!

I dont understand how they can charge something for a baby lying sleeping in a pram?
As a mum of two (2 and 7months) it is hard trying to find somewhere safe and fun to take both children together and as my 2 year old has lots of energy, soft play is ideal.

However, after this change in pricing I would think twice about returning to this one, what they dont seem to realise is that most mummy with children will be spending money on food or at least a drink for the time they are at softplay, so by introducing this stupid policy a lot of people will be put
off and they will actually loose money.

If this policy is too stay, why dont they offer regular attending families a discounted membership for loyality ?
Apart from the stupid price policy, the soft play, cafe and staff are very good.
However, may need to go elsewhere after this change in pricing!

Visited February 2013
Emma O, Guest Relations Manager at Edinburgh International Climbing Arena, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your recent visit to EICA. Unfortunately I have no contact details for you so I would urge you to speak with a member of the team when you are next here. My contact details are 0131 333 6326.

We reviewed our prices at the start of 2013.
The price in 2012 for 0-6 months was free, this is the same in 2013
The price in 2012 for 7-12 months was £1/1.50. In 2013 it is 7-18months £2/2.50
The price in 2012 for 12+ months £4.20/5.20. In 2013 it is 19+months £4.90/£5.90

By altering the age brackets we hope we have helped a large number of families with children 12-18 months as it actually cheaper for them now. If you child is in the 7-12 month bracket they will enjoy the benefit very soon.
I understand that you may think the jump from 6 to 7 months seem expensive however we have to change the price point at some age and from 6 months up babies tend to be more involved with our baby area.
We do have loyalty cards for Scrambles, please ask for one when you are next in.
EICA is a 5 star visitor attraction and we continue to grow our soft play facility within the climbing centre. We do value your custom and hope we get the opportunity to welcome you and your family back soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Feedback on Scrambles soft play”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

As a regular visitor to Scrambles at Ratho with my 5 year old I was shocked to be told on Monday when I attended with my son and new born that there was a new pricing policy. I was asked to pay £1 for my sleeping 8 wk old son who was in his buggy as 'he was taking up the space of another child'. I think this is a ridiculous policy and won't be coming to Scrambles again. I don't know of any other soft play centres that charge for young babies. I wouldn't mind paying if he was actually using the play area. However he was fast asleep and is not yet able to enjoy the activities. Other than the small lift, normally I can't fault Scrambles, the staff are friendly and the cafe is good, but I am disappointed by this policy.

Visited January 2013
Emma O, Guest Relations Manager at Edinburgh International Climbing Arena, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your experience here at EICA. We really do pride ourselves on delivering good service and good value so I am disappointed that your experience wasn’t satisfactory. The pricing policy for babies was introduced on the 1st Jan 2013. We have received some feedback on it since then and as a result of that have changed the policy slightly.
We are now offering free entry for 0-6 month old babies when coming with an older sibling. We do hope this will make a difference to you and may other parents in the same situation.
We hope to see you gain at EICA soon.
west lothian scotland
7 attraction reviews
“Fun day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went along with the grandchildren of various ages. There is something for all ages- soft play for the younger ones to the climbing experience for the older ones great day. Everyone enjoyed

Visited June 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
“hanging in there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

A favourite with my sons, they get to climb, I drink coffee. My boys have been coming from Glasgow to the climb centre since it opened, great place for familes, impressive very civilized place for mums that taxi kids to activities.

Visited December 2011
Emma O, Guest Relations Manager at Edinburgh International Climbing Arena, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hi Fiona
Thank you for your lovely comments. We enjoy having kids of all ages getting involved in the sport of climbing and glad that we seem to be getting it right for you.
Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
“lots to do but expensive catering”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

plenty to do with gym and climbing arena for teens and adults plus lovely softplay for the little ones. Felt the cafe upstairs was a bit expensive and didnt cater for those who had completed a hard climb. Needs more carbs and protiens

Visited October 2012
Dear Lynn
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We do have many actvities to keep all ages busy and it is agreat place for familes.
Regarding the cafe - I have passed your comments on about catering to the cafe manager. We will look in to what we can do for the future.
Regards