“Feedback on Scrambles soft play” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 476 things to do in Edinburgh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Feedback on Scrambles soft play”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

As a regular visitor to Scrambles at Ratho with my 5 year old I was shocked to be told on Monday when I attended with my son and new born that there was a new pricing policy. I was asked to pay £1 for my sleeping 8 wk old son who was in his buggy as 'he was taking up the space of another child'. I think this is a ridiculous policy and won't be coming to Scrambles again. I don't know of any other soft play centres that charge for young babies. I wouldn't mind paying if he was actually using the play area. However he was fast asleep and is not yet able to enjoy the activities. Other than the small lift, normally I can't fault Scrambles, the staff are friendly and the cafe is good, but I am disappointed by this policy.

Visited January 2013
Emma O, Guest Relations Manager at Edinburgh International Climbing Arena, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your experience here at EICA. We really do pride ourselves on delivering good service and good value so I am disappointed that your experience wasn’t satisfactory. The pricing policy for babies was introduced on the 1st Jan 2013. We have received some feedback on it since then and as a result of that have changed the policy slightly.
We are now offering free entry for 0-6 month old babies when coming with an older sibling. We do hope this will make a difference to you and may other parents in the same situation.
We hope to see you gain at EICA soon.

west lothian scotland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went along with the grandchildren of various ages. There is something for all ages- soft play for the younger ones to the climbing experience for the older ones great day. Everyone enjoyed

Visited June 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“hanging in there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

A favourite with my sons, they get to climb, I drink coffee. My boys have been coming from Glasgow to the climb centre since it opened, great place for familes, impressive very civilized place for mums that taxi kids to activities.

Visited December 2011
Emma O, Guest Relations Manager at Edinburgh International Climbing Arena, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hi Fiona
Thank you for your lovely comments. We enjoy having kids of all ages getting involved in the sport of climbing and glad that we seem to be getting it right for you.
Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, United Kingdom
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“lots to do but expensive catering”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

plenty to do with gym and climbing arena for teens and adults plus lovely softplay for the little ones. Felt the cafe upstairs was a bit expensive and didnt cater for those who had completed a hard climb. Needs more carbs and protiens

Visited October 2012
Dear Lynn
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We do have many actvities to keep all ages busy and it is agreat place for familes.
Regarding the cafe - I have passed your comments on about catering to the cafe manager. We will look in to what we can do for the future.
Regards
Douglas, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Excellent facility and a great cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Whenever and wherever we are in Scotland, the kids (aged 10 and 15) insist that we come here. It's not that I mind it's just that sometimes they forget how BIG Scotland is!

We have been venturing here ever since it opened and on this visit we got free entry as a car manufacturer was trying to attract interest in a new vehicle. Even better value than usual.

There are climbing and bouldering routes for all levels and abilities. As it is much bigger than anywhere else we have been we always leave pretty tired....

We have never tried any of the courses or lessons as we can all climb, so can't comment on those, but the staff have always been pleasant and helpful when we asked anything. Can't wait to get back!

Visited October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us great feedback.
We are delighted that your children want to you come here while in Scotland and it was good fortune that you were here while we were running the car promotion which gave some customers free entry.
We will look forwrad to seeing you again sometime soon, we hope