“The worst meal we have ever had!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fiddlers Elbow

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Fiddlers Elbow
4 Picardy Place, Edinburgh EH1 3JT, Scotland (Broughton)   |
Ranked #291 of 441 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Arncroach
“The worst meal we have ever had!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We chose this inn to have a pre-theatre meal. MY daughter, my grandaughter and myself all chose a basic selection, scampi, chicken pie and macaroni. I dont think i have ever seen scampi burnt so badly, aswell as so scarce, 5 pieces of scampi is very tight, especially when its burnt beyond recognision. As for the chicken pie, it looked and tasted as if were made from a chicken cup-a-soup with little pieces of chicken added in, on top was, of course, some burnt pastry. So for the macaroni it was....awful, my granddaughter only had a mouthful and then refused to eat. I felt sorry for her having to eat that one mouthful.
There were others in the restaraunt eating at the same time, and from the look of their plates, they werent impressed either. A gentleman with his young son sitting next to us commented to us on his burnt sausage and mash and also how his kid wouldnt eat it.
In hindsight I wish I hadnt paid a penny, although not expensive, it felt expensive when the quality of food was so, so low!
I have never given any place on trip advisor a rating of 1, so I hope it shows how awful this Inn was.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hexham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband and I spent a night here in November on a visit to Edinburgh to do some Christmas shopping. It is about a 5 minute walk from Princes street. No hotel parking but a 24 hour NCP car park is just across the road. The room (up 2 flights of stairs) was large, shabby chic in style and very comfortable. A little attention needed to the shower area, but really liked the accomodation overall - especially the little kitchenette with a sink, microwave and kettle - great idea. Food served downstairs, but didn't get a chance to try it this time. Breakfast, a full English, was well-cooked and hearty and really set us up for the day. The staff were welcoming, chatty and helpful. Bar has many locals, live music at the weekends and a great ambience. This B&B is different to places we have stayed before, but we've already booked a return visit!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiddlers Elbow? Share your experiences!