This is a pretty new hotel in a pretty new part of town. It is very walkable to the castle and historic sites, even though the new "quartermile" section of Edinburgh isn't part of all that. Take a cab from Waverly train station as it's a bit too far to walk with luggage. It didn't seem like this was meant to be a hotel... but it worked. I read some other's reviews about the single elevator, but that wasn't really an issue. The staff was incredibly nice and the breakfast included was yummy. The rooms were exceptionally large, although I'm not sure why I'd want a kitchen with all the restaurant options available right outside the door. While the room had a wall of windows, only one small part of it opened and there was no A/C. So we were pretty hot. Thankfully there was an oscillating fan. Don't get a room facing the next door building that looks like a library of some sort as their all-glass stairwell is kept lit all night shining direct into your room, forcing you to close the shades and thereby blocking the miniscule vent of cool air available. Beds were surprisingly hard and uncomfortable for the level of a residence inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're delighted to bring you the UK's first Residence Inn by Marriott offering you short and long stay Edinburgh accommodation. Set a pace that suits you at Residence Inn by Marriott®. Whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months, your daily routine matters. Located in the heart of Edinburgh in the new Quartermile development you have it all at your fingertips with Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace, Princes Street, the Meadows, the National Museum of Scotland and the Scottish Parliament all with in a few minutes walk. You'll thrive at Residence Inn with all the conveniences you need. Like spacious studio, superior studio and one bedroom suites with separate living, working, kitchen and sleeping areas. Complimentary grocery delivery service to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Complimentary internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast to start mornings off right and evening social hours to end the day well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Scotland