We have just returned from a 3 night city break to Edinburgh and stayed at the Residence Inn. The hotel is in a good location and is just a 5/10 minute walk down some steps to the grass market area, castle and Princes Street. The hotel offers a 20% discount for guests using the NCP underground car park, which is very nearby and handy if you've hired a car like we did.
We booked a standard room and it was very modern and clean. The room had a queen bed, as well as a double sofa bed, several chairs, desk, safe and a kitchenette. It was really handy to have a fridge, microwave and toaster. The only negative for us was the bathroom; the handbasin is outside of the bathroom ( perhaps this is an American design) , the bathroom also had no heating/towel rail which meant it was always cold and the most annoying thing was the sliding bathroom door which did not shut properly and kept opening. Other people have commented on the large glass windows and lack of privacy etc, we didnt really find this to be a problem and liked the light and open feel. The hotel provides nets and thick curtains to block out prying eyes if it bothers you. The breakfast was rather cramped, but the food on offer was good the usual pastries/cereal/fruit and a hot selection. If you are here for pleasure its best to come down a little later after the city slickers have left for the day.
We would return to this hotel as it offered good value for money, modern fittings , good location and the staff were very welcoming and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're delighted to bring you the UK's first Residence Inn by Marriott offering you short and long stay Edinburgh accommodation. Set a pace that suits you at Residence Inn by Marriott®. Whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months, your daily routine matters. Located in the heart of Edinburgh in the new Quartermile development you have it all at your fingertips with Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace, Princes Street, the Meadows, the National Museum of Scotland and the Scottish Parliament all with in a few minutes walk. You'll thrive at Residence Inn with all the conveniences you need. Like spacious studio, superior studio and one bedroom suites with separate living, working, kitchen and sleeping areas. Complimentary grocery delivery service to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Complimentary internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast to start mornings off right and evening social hours to end the day well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Scotland