“The Scotch Whiskey Shop to go in Edinburgh!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cadenhead Whisky

Cadenhead Whisky
172 Canongate-Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH8 8DF, Scotland (Old Town)
+44 131 556 5864 ‎
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 121 Shopping in Edinburgh
Phoenix, Arizona
13 attraction reviews
“The Scotch Whiskey Shop to go in Edinburgh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We found Cadenhead's on a recent trip to Edinburgh. We had been in town for a few days and I was looking for a whiskey shop to sample and buy single malt scotch I cant get in the US. I hadn't found what I was wanted so we headed to the Royal Mile, as many shops were advertised there. We started on the east end of the Royal Mile which is not as crowded as the west end towards the castle. It was my good fortune that we started on the east end. This is where I found Cadenhead's Whiskey Shop. I entered the shop and met Mark Davidson, the shop manager and I was immediately impressed at the selections of whiskeys offered and the knowledge that Mark had on each. He asked about what type of whiskey I drink and why then he spent time showing me many selections and didn't try to sell me something I didn't want. The other thing unique to the shop is that they can pour a bottle right from the cask and label it for you. There are three size bottles to choose from and when full, Mark will cork and seal it then put a label on so you have the "born on date" and if its a gift, the persons name can be entered as well! I went back three times in the week I was in Edinburgh, this shop deserves to on your list to visit if you are a whiskey drinker or even if you aren't, its a great place to see and buy that single malt as a gift!

Visited September 2011