“Would not stay here again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of No 32 Hotel

You added No 32 Hotel to your Saves list
No 32 Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   32 Coats Gardens, Edinburgh EH12 5LE, Scotland (West End)   |
Ranked #150 of 440 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Northern Ireland
“Would not stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Guest house, not hotel. Room very comfortable and clean. Not well stocked - had to ask for toilet paper and tea/coffee/milk on arrival. Room not cleaned or restocked at all during a three night stay. Only ate breakfast on first day - very low quality ingredients, though nicely presented. On a late night quest for milk I saw that the kitchen was not very clean; and the fridge was really dirty with out of date food. Would not stay here again. Hosts not particularly welcoming or helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Please note that this place is a guesthouse and not a full service hotel - so you need to have certain expectations for that. As a guesthouse - it was great. good location - about a 20 minute walk to the castle and the royal mile. Small but clean rooms. More modern and updated. Breakfast was good, but service was really slow. Yes, they do make you pay upfront but its no different than giving a credit card or something. Staff was friendly and nice. I would stay here again. Rate/ price was good considering how expensive edinburgh is. Free street parking (10 min walk away).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hertford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Michael couldn't have been more helpful as I arrived a little early to check in. He provided refreshments to my 3 year old son and I whilst our room was being cleaned. A very comfortable and spacious family room at the front of the hotel. Really pleased and wouldl visit again! Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Had to stay in Edinburgh for business. Arrived late (10:30pm) and was asked to pay up front for the 3 nights stay, the receptionist was unhelpful and acknowledgeable about the hotel he was working for and basically couldn't care less about me and my guest. We were given a basement room with no windows, dirty linen and bathroom, and the whole room smelled of damp. As this was NOT the standard of room advertised on expedia which is where I booked it and thus expecting, I went back to reception to ask for another room, apparently the other rooms were flooded due to a plumbing problem and so they could not accommodate me in another room. So I decided that I needed to find alternative accommodation. When I asked the receptionist for a refund he refused and said that I had to take what he was offering and that it was a basic double that I had booked. As a customer, I had ever right to ask for a refund and not accept the substandard room at £110 per night! The arguing continued until midnight when at which point I left to find another hotel. The owner/manager of the hotel was unreachable for 2 days straight. I contacted Expedia to cancel the booking and get a refund which was agreed with the hotel, however I am still waiting for my money to be returned. Bunch of fraudsters - stay at your own risk!! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone not even my worst enemy! This was one of the most frustrating awful experiences I have ever had the displeasure of being involved with.

Room Tip: Do not stay here under any circumstances
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We tried to stay at this hotel but unfortuantly our room was flooded - Munish & Michael were super helpful and managed to get us in to another hotel just down the road! As we were travelling with a child it was a relief to have such help. The hotel we stayed at only served continental breakfast - so we were kindly offered breakfast at No 32 for free!
The breakfast was lovely and though we only went into the lounge area the hotel seemed to be of a very high standard.
Michael was extremely helpful suggesting a brilliant place to eat (Zizzi)
The guys were fab - and we loved our Edinburgh weekend - will certainly try and go again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We enjoyed every minute of our two short stays at this charming boutique hotel. Our young host was welcoming and went out of his way to help us with other travel plans. The location - especially in terms of airport transportation and trains - was excellent. Our rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable and breakfast was delicious. This small hotel combines the personal feel of a bed and breakfast with the privacy and comfort of a hotel. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
hartlepool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Decided last minute to stay another night in Edinburgh having previously spent night in rubbish hotel we were Over the moon this one had rooms. Our room
Was small but had everything we needed you can see the extras these guys have put in to make the hotel lovely....duvet to die for. They will soon have bar up n running which will make things loads better. Only thing that wasn't brilliant was breakfast but for the price we paid for room can't really complain will defo be back

• Stayed May 2012

Been to No 32 Hotel? Share your experiences!