We have stayed at this hotel a few times now, when visiting the zoo with our son. This time Grandma came along as well and like us, was impressed with the staff - very friendly & helpful( a member of staff was leaving as we came through the door, but still offered us help with our bags). The location is right next door to the zoo, and the bus stop directly outside makes travelling to/from the city centre very easy. Room was clean & bathroom facilities good - bath & shower and plenty of towels.
We used the pool on the last day and this was very quiet - lovely Jacuzzi spa too. Again staff were very helpful, checking on my son in the mens changing room ,without me asking, when I was changed before him. Only downside this time was the restaurant. We had booked dinner bed & breakfast as always - the childrens menu was disappointing as there was a child's buffet rather than a set menu - and it was very basic -chicken nuggets/fishfingers/chips/beans. In the past my son has either had the carvery(not on offer either night of our stay) or child's cottage pie/chilli, and it has always looked like a mini adult meal, tasty & nutritious. Not all children want fishfingers or nuggets!! The adult menu was lovely, however there were only a couple of choices included - everything else cost an extra £2.50 (same with starters & desserts).The price of the other dishes did not vary much from the included dishes so I don't understand why there was so little included. (We have just returned from the Chester Holiday Inn recently - priority club member!- and their restaurant choice was amazing and all included in the price!!) Breakfast was lovely and plenty of choice as always but I would probably just book B&B in future so we can all have a good meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh is a 4 Star modern hotel situated on the west of Edinburgh, three miles from the city centre, four miles from Edinburgh Airport, and adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo.The Hotel is ideally situated for both Leisure and Business, near to Edinburgh Business Park. The Holiday Inn Edinburgh enjoys great panoramic views of the Pentland Hills. The Hotel is perfect for leisure customers, with many nearby attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Museum of Scotland. The hotel has 303 rooms including Executive and Family rooms, ideal for Bank Holiday breaks. The hotel has a choice of two restaurants - Traders Restaurant or Sampans Oriental Restaurant, as well as a cafÃ© and relaxing bar. Kids Stay & Eat Free*. The Hotel boasts a Spirit Health and Fitness Club which is the ideal way to relax, with a fully equipped Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa and Beauty Treatments. Beauty Treatments can be booked prior to arrival on 0131 316 4739.On-site there are 200 complimentary Parking Spaces. Our Conference Centre 'The Academy' offers state-of-the-art suites, with 14 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 120 guests. Also accessible to Edinburgh University and ideally situated for Royal Highland Show Festival, Tattoo and Rugby Six Nations. *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Scotland