Check in fast, plenty of parking, room of generous size. So far so good...... but then I went to the restaurant!!!
Told that menu was limited as it was "School Holidays". Ordered a steak (medium-well) and it arrived dry and tough as old boots. On getting the bill nearly hit the roof - the steak on menu was £16.95 but by the time a glass of wine and a starter had been added this reached £36.75!!
On challenging this was told that I should have read prices in conjunction with a second menu card and that there were other considerations that were quite unintelligable to me.
Needless to say, did not go back. Went to Toby Carvery down the road following nights where a similar meal was less than £10.
Will never go back to this hotel (and I am a regular visitor to Edinburgh)
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Hotel
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh is a 4 Star modern hotel situated on the west of Edinburgh, three miles from the city centre, four miles from Edinburgh Airport, and adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo.The Hotel is ideally situated for both Leisure and Business, near to Edinburgh Business Park. The Holiday Inn Edinburgh enjoys great panoramic views of the Pentland Hills. The Hotel is perfect for leisure customers, with many nearby attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Museum of Scotland. The hotel has 303 rooms including Executive and Family rooms, ideal for Bank Holiday breaks. The hotel has a choice of two restaurants - Traders Restaurant or Sampans Oriental Restaurant, as well as a cafÃ© and relaxing bar. Kids Stay & Eat Free*. The Hotel boasts a Spirit Health and Fitness Club which is the ideal way to relax, with a fully equipped Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa and Beauty Treatments. Beauty Treatments can be booked prior to arrival on 0131 316 4739.On-site there are 200 complimentary Parking Spaces. Our Conference Centre 'The Academy' offers state-of-the-art suites, with 14 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 120 guests. Also accessible to Edinburgh University and ideally situated for Royal Highland Show Festival, Tattoo and Rugby Six Nations. *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.