Perfectly situation by bus stops, so a quick trip into the City on buses which arrive every 3 or so minutes. Zoo is next door and you literally walk for two minutes if that! Hotel itself lovely and clean, and staff very friendly. We were over the car park which was horrible as some selfish people thought it ok to stand out there either smoking or waiting to board a coach and chat and laugh loudly at 6.30 a.m. I consider that unreasonable so if we go again will ask not to be over the car park, or at least not over where the coaches pick up. Breakfast choice is FANTASTIC and the kids loved the new pancake maker which was only a couple of days old. Sadly they had to miss out on the Sunday as we needed to get to the Zoo, but the rest of the meal was fabulous. Bar staff were nice and nice relaxed atmosphere in the evening. Very accommodating about us leaving us luggage in a side room while we visited the Zoo (and pandas) before heading for the airport. It is our second visit - no Zoo the first time and with other adults not the kids, and it was ideal then as well. Spa was lovely, although all a bit small, so timing is everything, but we did enjoy a swim, a sit in the jacuzzi and steam room. They will give you one bath towel, but changing facilities a little exposed for us ladies. Hair driers there too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh is a 4 Star modern hotel situated on the west of Edinburgh, three miles from the city centre, four miles from Edinburgh Airport, and adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo.The Hotel is ideally situated for both Leisure and Business, near to Edinburgh Business Park. The Holiday Inn Edinburgh enjoys great panoramic views of the Pentland Hills. The Hotel is perfect for leisure customers, with many nearby attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Museum of Scotland. The hotel has 303 rooms including Executive and Family rooms, ideal for Bank Holiday breaks. The hotel has a choice of two restaurants - Traders Restaurant or Sampans Oriental Restaurant, as well as a cafÃ© and relaxing bar. Kids Stay & Eat Free*. The Hotel boasts a Spirit Health and Fitness Club which is the ideal way to relax, with a fully equipped Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa and Beauty Treatments. Beauty Treatments can be booked prior to arrival on 0131 316 4739.On-site there are 200 complimentary Parking Spaces. Our Conference Centre 'The Academy' offers state-of-the-art suites, with 14 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 120 guests. Also accessible to Edinburgh University and ideally situated for Royal Highland Show Festival, Tattoo and Rugby Six Nations. *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Scotland