“Comfortable, friendly and beautiffully turned out.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Links Hotel

You added Links Hotel to your Saves list
Links Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Alvanley Terrace | Whitehouse Loan, Edinburgh EH9 1DU, Scotland (Bruntsfield)   |
Ranked #74 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
Glasgow
“Comfortable, friendly and beautiffully turned out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

My wife and I stayed here to catch the first couple of days of the 2011 Festival. Despite turning up soaked through after being caught in a downpour, the staff were welcoming and friendly. We were shown to a lovely room with a view across Bruntsfield Links and after a quick hot shower and a change of clothes we were off across the Meadows to the fun and games. The hotel is situated in a quiet little corner even though the city center is just a short walk away so when we made it back from all the buzz of the Fringe, a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed was waiting. The next morning we were served a great breakfast by staff that couldn't do enough for us.

The Links is a gem of a hotel in a great location, the only problem is that as soon as word gets about, everyone will want to stay there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
seank131071, Public Relations Manager at Links Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Thanks for your kind words. We think we have a cracking location here at the Links and delighted to hear you agree. We are hoping that with these kind of reviews word will get about very quickly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Inverness, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed here the weekend of the Scotland-France Rugby international, which was also Valentine's weekend, for our friend's wedding. Waking up on the saturday morning (the day of the wedding) there was no hot water. Once the manager (who is not the owner) realised that it was a boiler fault, we had run out of time, and ended up having a shower elsewhere - not ideal in the run up to a wedding. When we got back from the wedding, we found our door had been left unlocked (the manager had been in to put a note on the bathroom door about the water), with many of our valuables left unprotected. This breach of trust was, in our view, unacceptable. The sunday morning's shower was in the basement, in a shared bathroom. On trying to get our money back (we had paid on arrival, because we didn't know what time we'd be checking out and they couldn't guarantee to be in), we've been given the run around from so many different people that we've given up. It cost us £60 for one night, and £70 for the other night. We will not ever use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
seank131071, Public Relations Manager at Links Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Hi there

Thanks for your review however I think you may have our hotel confused with another property as we were closed between September 2010 and May 2011 for a £1million refurbishment programme.
Ayr
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I stayed here overnight with my husband as were in Edinburgh for a wedding, when booking I phoned the hotel to see if we could check in at 12 so that we could get ready for the wedding, they said that they would try & accommodate this, on arrival at the hotel our room was i fact ready, so we got checked in by a very friendly & helpful member of staff who showed us to our room.

Room
Room101 which was directly above reception had recently been refurbished as had the rest of the hotel, the only minor complaint & I mean minor is the length of the time the fan goes on in the bathroom after the light is switched off, I have mentioned it on my comments card to the hotel so hopefuly they adjust.

Breakfast
Breakfast was lovely, fanastic choice we opted for the Scottish Breakfast which was brought to the table on lovely warm crockery by friendly helpful staff.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Edinburgh looking for clean good value for money accommodation & we will return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Stayed at the Links Hotel for a much deserved night away with my wife and enjoyed every second of it. It’s clear that the new owners have spent a fortune on the refurbishment. The rooms were spacious and had the best night’s sleep I have had in a long time (OK so not having my 1 year old daughter with us may have helped). The staff were fantastic and couldn’t have done more for us. The breakfast was awesome and the next time I go back I will definitely be having dinner in the restaurant.

Tip: Phone the hotel for the best rates

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
seank131071, Public Relations Manager at Links Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Hi there

Thanks for your feedback

I am delighted you and your wife enjoyed your stay - It's great to get away from the kids every now and then - even if its just to get a decent night's sleep!!

Hope to see you both again soon.

Nick
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Had room booked for family gathering, 60people all ate and drank in their bar until closing time when female member of staff after serving the drink to us then moments later lifted same and threw down the sink. Very disappointed .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
seank131071, CEO of Group at Links Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thanks for your post.

I am Gordon Smith, CEO of the Kingdom Hotel Group which owns the Links Hotel.

I personally monitor every review and given the overwhelming positive feedback from clients, I was surprised to read your experience.

I have fully investigated the incident you have mentioned and I have subsequently watched the CCTV.

It appears that your function went extremely well up until closing time at the bar where a member of your party took exception to the bar closing.

As your booking was a function with no guests staying in the hotel, we must abide by the strict licensing laws of Scotland and we are legally obliged to remove all drinks from non-residents 15 minutes after our 1am license, when the last drink was served.

I can understand your frustration, however in Scotland it is an offence for both the premises and the person to serve and consume alcohol out with the permitted hours.
darlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We have just returned from a weekend stay at The Links hotel and I have to say it is a lovely hotel. We stayed in a Deluxe double room and it was very spacious and tastefully decorated. The breakfast was also very nice. All in all a lovely place to stay with very helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
cavan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed in this hotel in June 2011 for three nights and will definately be back again. The hotel is located approx 15mins walk from the city centre and over looks a beautiful green park & meadows nearby. The hotel is newly refurbished & decor is very tastefully done & so clean . The bedroom had 2 double beds so comfortable & beatuiful bathroom. The food was delicious and service was top class. The staff were friendly and all residents were looked after very well for drinks in the bar each night. The hotel is such great value & great deals I can definately recommend it for all age groups.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Links Hotel? Share your experiences!