“C'est magnifique” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 1,898 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: French, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Cafe Cassis is an exciting,family orientated bistro with a fantastic enclosed garden to the rear of the restaurant.Alison &Denis welcome you to Cafe Cassis where you can enjoy fantastic food in a friendly and relaxing surroundings. The menu at Cafe Cassis is varied with a French influence and offers food made from the best locally sourced ingredients,guaranteed to tempt and stimulate your taste buds. Join us for lunch or an evening meal, or just a coffee which you can enjoy in our relaxed seating area or outside in the garden
scotland
“C'est magnifique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I returned to cafe cassis for the second time and boy was it amazing! I had the asparagus wrapped in smoked salmon with a zesty sauce and my wife and I both had the sea bass with caramelised onion and risotto. The food was exquisite, the service fantastic and the ambience very relaxing. The piste de resistance was the sharing dessert on a slate platter. For me, I thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate pear and my wife loved the taste of the liquorice creme brûlée. The flavours that Denis manages to balance in his dishes is amazing. The artistic presentation of each dish was truly spectacular. YOU MUST TRY CAFE CASSIS!!!!!

“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I looked for a restaurant that was suitable for a evening business meal and I also needed to have a gluten free meal for one of the party.
Alison and her husband were fantastic, we felt at home Immediately and the selection of food and wine was very good. If I am in Edinburgh again I will go back without hesitation.
Everybody in the party said they had fantastic meal. Thank you Alison.

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Best ever Mother's Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is the best Free-From restaurant in Edinburgh!! Everything is cooked from scratched. The owners are very personable and can accommodate any request. Thank you for a great Mother's Day luncheon. Lorna

“Exquisite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been to cafe cassis three times and I loved it every time. Fantastic dishes, friendly staff, unassuming atmosphere, great value for money. What else is there to ask? Last but not least, the deserts: do not forget to try the creme brulee trilogy.

Fife Scotland
“Could not fault it. Lovely lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Booked one day ahead for a Friday lunchtime for the set £8.90 two course lunch. First impressions were pleasant welcome, immaculate restaurant, average decor and possibly a slightly older clientele. Well, our age and older, certainly no youngsters. We both had the goats cheese tartlet with salad Which melted in the mouth and was presented well. I had the seared coley and partner had the beef bourguignon as the chicken dish was gone. All three ladies at the next table had the last of it and it did look good. Portions for main course were small but perfectly measured for a lunch. We managed a third course at only £1.95. Nougat Icecream with creme anglaise and raspberry coulis - fantastic, I could have had a second one. Cheese and biscuits for partner, this would cost 3 times as much elsewhere. Staff were efficient and friendly. Chef spoke to us on our way out so we told him we would be back. A bit out of town but well worth the money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere