We stayed at this hotel on Easter weekend. Knowing that our chosen weekend was going to be a busy one, we knew and agreed to pay the higher tariffs offered by the hotel.
The hotel is conveniently located, and for the lazy ones it is frequently served (every 5 min maybe) by several bus lines that go to the city centre, so you can leave your car in the hotel’s parking lot (finding parking in central Edinburgh can be hectic and expensive). We always preferred to do the walking, so can’t comment on transportation, but heard is a good service for a reasonable price.
Our room was fantastic (see attached pics). Spotless, tidy and very well decorated. The complimentary wine, chocolates and water was a tasteful touch. Bath was big, utterly clean and had a great shower (it lacked a little pressure though). The hotel offers free wireless internet, but we had to go to the parking lot to have a slight signal, however, the hotel offers a desktop computer to use free of charge. Overall, the installations were very nice and I better let the pics do the talking.
Unfortunate downside: I already made my point at the beginning, that it was a VERY busy weekend, but also that the hotel raised their usual rates, which we agreed to pay. The first morning we went to have our breakfast (BF). There were 2 people in the kitchen and only one person serving in the BF room. Unfortunately, this person was on her 1st day at the job, and got all the orders wrong… moreover, she took our order but our BF never came, instead she brought our BF to other guests that arrived later, then apologized because she forgot what we had ordered half a hour ago!!!. This summarizes a series of errors she made that day. We had to leave with no BF at all, because we were being late for a paid tour we arranged that day. Manager NEVER showed up, even though we left a note to speak to him/her the evening of that same day. Manager assistant showed up next day (just before we left, and because we asked again). Not the waitress fault, manager shouldn’t have put inexperienced staff for such a busy weekend, or should have paid another person along with the new one (there’s a reason why you charge more than your average rate for busy weekends). What a pity… because apart from that we really liked the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short walk from Murrayfield Stadium and Edinburgh Zoo, The Edinburgh Lodge offers free private parking and a peaceful garden, with 4 AA stars and a 5 Diamond Award. All of the spacious rooms feature an LCD TV and DVD player, with free access to a DVD library. Rooms also have an en suite bathroom with free toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities and free Wi-Fi access. Edinburgh Lodge is a family-run guest house, with a cosy lounge and small bar, which has a plasma-screen TV. Cooked breakfasts are served in the traditional dining room, and there are a number of restaurants within walking distance. Accessible from West Coates Road, and just a 10-minute walk from Princes Street, Edinburgh Lodge Guest House is 1.5 miles from Edinburgh Castle. Haymarket Rail Station is a 5-minute walk away, and the airport shuttle bus stops just outside the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Edinburgh Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Lodge Hotel Scotland