My wife and I stayed for 3 nights on our trip to Scotland. It appeared to be a duplex that was converted into a hotel. We stayed in the room Pleasance, which is right on the main floor. The room was large and spacious and nicely decorated, high ceilings and large shuttered windows, comfortable bed (despite being 2 twins put together), good water pressure in shower. It has a partial view of garden but the garden didnt have much to see (looked like a typical back yard to me). The front desk (Adam) was very helpful with ideas and directions. Breakfast was continential, and was good for what it was (cold meat, cheeze, cereal, fruit, yogart, toast, etc.). The only negative was the hotel is about a 10 minute bus ride to the city, so it is outside of all the action, and a bit to far to walk (unless you want to walk 30 minutes each way plus walk to all the sites - a bit much after a long day). Bus service is good though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salisbury Hotel is a restored Georgian Townhouse quietly located amidst walled gardens yet central for all main tourist attractions & the main bus route; 18 luxuriously appointed rooms, with i-pod, wi-fi, plasma tv, and en suite power-showers. Single, ground-floor, 4-poster, family and garden facing rooms available. Gabbro bistro provides excellent quality Scottish cuisine and the lounge area offers a selection of wines, beers and whiskies in relaxed surroundings. Expect contemporary style, period surroundings and great service. Private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Salisbury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh
- The Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland