“Master chef eat your heart out” 5 of 5 stars

0131 554 0008
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Doing business, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Mithas is an innovative and exquisite Indian dining experience that reflects true Indian flavours using traditional methods in a contemporary setting. The chefs were handpicked to deliver what was cited by known food critics as 'bold, exciting and unimaginable within Indian cooking'. Our contemporary take is rooted in age-old traditions, therefore delivering taste sensations that take you beyond your expectations but with a reminder of the origins. Mithas's preparatory methods include the three core Indian cooking styles; Tandoor (clay ovens with temperatures of up to 390ºC), Sigri (cooking over a coal flame) and Tawa (searing and griddling on hot plate). The food is immediately served as it is prepared retaining its freshness, fragrant and delectable flavours. We sincerely hope you enjoy the Mithas dining experience!
“Master chef eat your heart out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were exposed to the most fantastic culinary delights consisting of 7 courses
It was superb the staff were excellent and could not do enough for you
Our waiter was really friendly and announced the contents of each dish as they were brought out
As a connoisseur of indian food this far surpassed my expectations
Highly recommended if you are looking for fine dining quality

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Upmarket Indian food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have never had Indian food like this before or since.
The menu is mainly fish and seafood; monkfish tikka was unbelievably good. The restaurant is beautifully decorated; the staff are excellent.
4 very happy diners!

Visited November 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
“Mithas - fabulous food, friendly staff and lovely contemporary interior”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Myself and a colleague ate here based on the other Trip Advisor recommendations and it was absolutely one of the best meals we've had in a long time.

I had the sea bass fillet to start with and my colleague had crab cakes. We enjoyed the subtle flavours and it was good to have something different to the usual poppadoms etc. My colleague then had a prawn curry which he said was delicious but I was blown away by the char grilled salmon, sweet potato and then the waiter recommended a sauce to go with this which just made it exceptional.

We even found room for dessert - sharing a poached pear and ginger pudding - again the food looked and tasted delicious.

I am so pleased this place lived up to the reviews and I will be back. I would 100% recommend. Just fabulous!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely meal! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I'm not that into Indian food, but this was my boyfriends choice and I was pleasantly surprised! Indian food at it's finest! Expensive but faultless! Would return for a special occasion!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Food to make you smile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We visited Mithas for the first time yesterday evening and four of us had the vegetarian tasting menu. It was absolutely delicious - every course an amazing combination of wonderful flavours. We were also impressed with the wine pairings. The staff were friendly and competent and the restaurant has a lovely ambience. We were warned we may need to leave after 2 hours for the next sitting but in the event we weren't rushed at all. What a treat! We will certainly return.

• Visited December 2013