“lovely, lovely pub!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #948 of 1,900 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: The Villager has been recommended several times on the Ediburgh forum it is a great place for food and drinks. I did visit it during my last visit to Edinburgh and really want to add my review.
Chessington, United Kingdom
“lovely, lovely pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

On someone`s reommendation I visited this pub last weekend with my friends and by far they serve THE BEST raspberry mojito I ever had!
It takes some time to prepare the drinks but with what effect!
Absolutely a place to go in Edinburgh!
Everything was fab there, the staff, the music...clearly they know how to entertain their clients...

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great service, delious food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

First visit but will certainly not be last. Service was excellent. Food (thai beef salad) was scrumdidillyumptious!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Tasty food - better than your usual pub grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went here for an early Sunday lunch and it was oretty much our own private dining experience as the restaurant was empty. I don't think this is a bad sign - just that their clientele are probably more party hard than us and enjoy later food.
I had the vegetable wontons and skinny chips which were lovely and my boyfriend a sandwich and potato wedges - all were great and the staff were nice.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed a drink here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Lovely pub, really enjoyed our drinks here. Nice decoration, friendly staff, good price. Will return and have a meal here next time we're in Edinburgh.

• Visited January 2013
Seoul, South Korea
“Really fun! Delicious drinks and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I came here twice during my week in Edinburgh, completely by accident. The first night, I came with local friends who had heard it was a lovely place. We had dinner and a drink. I had the fish and chips, and I thought they were quite nice. To drink, I ordered the Nights on Broad Bay, one of Villager's creative cocktails. I highly recommend it! It's got Laphroaig in it, so it's deliciously smoky.
I was in town for a wedding, and so the second time I came was with another group of friends for the night-out-before-the-wedding. We had an EXCELLENT time in the bar area. The bar is quite lively and friendly. I ordered the Nights on Broad Bay again, which was a hit with our group. Almost everyone ordered one! We also got champagne and had a great time. This is one of the best bars in Edinburgh!

• Visited September 2012