“Lovely lunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Riccarton inn

The Riccarton inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Riccarton inn
You added The Riccarton inn to your Saves list
198 Lanark Road West | Currie, Edinburgh EH14 5NX, Scotland (Formerly The Riccarton Arms)   |
Ranked #233 of 445 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Not stayed recently but good in the past . With fantastic breakfast
Staff very helpful and delicious food .. Our deep fried whitebait brill.
And haggis good. And the soup was so much and so tasty . Lovely fire to sit beside
THANKYOU

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Super cute little pub. We stopped in as the restaurants on Campus had all closed for the evening. Quaint little pub with good food. Service was super fast but we were one of the only tables in there as well so this might be the reason. Great place for a quick dinner!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kirknewton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have visited the riccarton inn several times but don't always leave a review. I have always had a pleasant experience and an excellent meal. The most recent visit was on the 25th august for a lunchtime meal and was no exception.
We were greeted as soon as we walked in the door and led to our table. We chose the dining room this time instead of the bar. Last time, the dining room seemed crowded.
The Cullen skink is a favourite of mine and it did not disappoint. I knew they did gluten free options on some dishes, so I tried the gf fish, chips and mushy peas which I enjoyed. The cranachan to finish off satisfied my sweet tooth.
All in all, a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We've just got back from another excellent meal at the Riccarton. The food is very good, not a huge choice on the menu but enough to suit most people. Our order arrived within a short space of time, and we were delighted by the quality and quantity. The staff are friendly and efficient and we were delighted to be able to bring our dog in. Curtis who works behind the bar even brought him a bowl of water. Many thanks to all including Chris the manager who was most helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben S, Owner at The Riccarton inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us as we always aim to please, the menu will change again soon and should have a bit more choice alongside the daily specials that we already provide.
Hope to see you again soon. Thankyou

Ben Smith
Director
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Ate here tonight not out of choice but to be sociable with friends. First problem... Sent the wrong food.. 2nd issue not communication about what happened or even if I was getting the order... 3rd problem 1 1/2 hours for my meal to cone after first mistake during a relatively quiet period... 4th issue, steakppie tasted of moldy cardboard or what I imagine it would taste like as well as cold. Had to add lots of salt, pepper and some of my malt whisky to get any flavour.... On the upside at least the veg was fresh.

End of meal no apology or anything. Price wasn't cheap for sub bar budget pub grub. 3 times I been forced to eat here.. 3rd time in a row messing things up. I resent my friends....

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Great pub, lovely revamp apart from the toilets which desperately need upgrading. Well kept beer and range good range of spirits. Food however is really poor and too expensive for the quality. How many food reviews do they need before they change the chef. Dry steak pie, cold greasy fish, high fat/salt kids meals. Not good. Staff seriously need to cheer up as well.

• Stayed July 2013
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went here with high expectations after so many recommendations from friends.
The inn has been refurbished so has lovely interiors & very nice staff.
The food in my opinion could be better. A limited menu for people who have dietary needs ( I can't eat dairy products ).
Starters: I had a mushroom starter, it was tasteless. My husband had Cullen Skink, which he said was fantastic.
Mains: I had chicken - it was very dry & disappointing. My husband had haggis, which he said was very good, but let's face it, anyone can make haggis, neeps & tattles!
Pudding: I had sticky toffee pudding ( yawn - boring menu choice! ) which was lovely, my husband had Chocolate Torte which he said was very rich.
I have had better meals elsewhere.
Very impressed by choice of beers/wines/spirits & lovely staff.
We'll be back for a drink, but not for a meal, which is sad, as it's a lovely place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Riccarton inn? Share your experiences!