Not a great experience.
First problem is finding out how a car travelling East into Edinburgh is meant to turn right into the car-park.
Hotel reception took an impression of our Plastic Card for “extras” Unfortunately we and others in our party discovered on leaving that had also been charged for a pre-paid room that had been booked through a reputable hotel agency. The hotel, when challenged, said that they were a large international hotel group not in the habit of ripping off the customers. Think again. They knew the rooms were booked through an agency but not all staff at reception have a good command of the English language.
Carefully check your account.
Breakfast, at £15.50, was mediocre and well below par for the hotel rating.
Getting a good night’s sleep is virtually impossible due to the high number of boisterous residents who arrive from, or are heading off to Edinburgh Airport at all hours of the day and night.
The ice machine, advertised as being located on the ground floor of the North Wing must have melted because it was nowhere to be found.
An advantage is that the hotel is adjacent to bus stops with a regular service into Edinburgh and it is also on the express bus routes to Edinburgh Airport, Glasgow and other major central belt towns.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Edinburgh Hotel
- Marriott Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Marriott Edinburgh Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Edinburgh hotels are renowned for their fine hospitality and the Edinburgh Marriott Hotel has established itself as one of the finest hotels in Edinburgh. An ideal location for weekend getaways or business trips, this stylish hotel accommodation is a five-minute drive from Edinburgh International Airport and 15 minutes from the centre of the city. Our Edinburgh hotel is ideally located for area events like the Royal Highland Show and Edinburgh Fringe Festival as well as rugby games at Murrayfield Rugby Stadium. You can enjoy Edinburgh's historic sites with a convenient local bus service to the city centre which runs regularly from the hotel. When planning an event, nothing compares to our Edinburgh hotel's service. Your event, whether big or small, will be planned with perfection. We offer 12 meeting rooms and on-site catering services for flexible space and menu options. Hosting a meeting or conference? We offer discounted rates for group accommodations at our hotel in Edinburgh, Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Marriott Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.