Rooms need updating. Reception staff need a better understanding if the English language. Someone needs to answer the phones..
I arrived here at 6.30pm after a flight from London. I asked for a room with a view of the Firth of Fourth. The Chinese looking and sounding receptionist put me on the third floor with no view to speak of.
I was hungry. Could I get a response from Room Service or the Restaurant? No, so I phoned reception and told the girl I wanted to order a meal to be sent to my room but I couldn't get an answer from Room Service or the restaurant. So what did she do?, she put me through to the restaurant, who didn't answer. I gave up but tried again after 5 minutes. This time after a long wait the phone was answered. After that nothing to complain about. The meal arrived within the estimated time and it was unremarkable as expected.
Elected to have breakfast in my room. I'm in the capital of Scotland, and no porridge on the menu. Big disappointment.
As I'm a gold priority member I was upgraded to a suite. The rooms were small and there was no heating in the bathroom. Not even a heated towel rail.
I had two flat screen TV's but the radio in them was not tuned to any stations. I like to listen to Radio 4 in the evening and in the morning. So I had to ay £16 to get wi-fi for 24 hours to listen in my iPhone.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Hotel
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle in to one of our 101 modern guest bedrooms at the Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West. Located over 7 floors and tastefully decorated throughout, our bedrooms in Edinburgh offer splendid views over Leith port, Edinburgh Castle or the scenic Pentlands Hills.Our rooms have recently received the new look Holiday Inn treatment and been revitalised with new bedding, soft furnishings and our unique pillow menu offering a choice of fillings and comfort levels to ensure that you get a great night’s sleep.The Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West hotel offers you an excellent base for exploring the famous city of Edinburgh, located only 1.5 miles from Edinburgh's bustling city centre and a mere 2 miles from the world famous Edinburgh Castle! Leave your car in our complimentary car park and hop on a bus to the city centre, it only takes 10 minutes! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.