“Authentic Korean food, which actually caters for vegetarians!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lyme Regis
“Authentic Korean food, which actually caters for vegetarians!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I came here with a Korean friend last year, who said that this was very authentic. Unlike authentic Korean restaurants however, they cater very well for vegetarians. I had a kimchi soup with fried tofu. It was extremely spicy, filling and offered an extremely unique dining experience. Whilst some of the tastes were similar to those typical of Japanese cuisine, Korean food is livelier, spicier and dare I say it, tastier! I may have just been spoiled with this very good little restaurant though, which provides lovingly made meals with fresh ingredients and a lovely presentation. There is a 10% student discount too.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

96% Recommend
“Real gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Excellent food, family-run as far as I can tell, and delivered with a smile. Decent prices, too. They don't have many covers, so call/book beforehand or be disappointed as I have found out the hard way on many an occasion! They're BYOB with a reasonable corkage (few quid only).

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kinross, United Kingdom
“An authentic taste of Korea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

From the quirky but delightful decor to the thoughtful chinaware, attentive service with explanations and last but not least the fantastic food, we can say we had a really great culinary night out in Edinburgh that took us far away from the grey skies and normal 'international cuisine' choices available in this city. One felt you were an honoured guest in a Korean family home, everything done with pride and care. I particularly enjoyed the Kimchi, and the green tea cake. Excellent value for money. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited December 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“What a lovely place for a tasty and speedy meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had a lovely meal at Kim's mini meals. Although the main courses are pricey at £12 approx, the meal is good value as we were served so many tasty little nibbles. The place is TINY but friendly and with a good atmosphere, the decor and style are different, the green upholstered chairs and wedgewood tea pots would remind you of your Nan's!
You definitely need to book, but although Mr Kim scolded a couple who hadn't booked -'Silly Girls!' - he found a place for them.
Korean food was new to me, and very tasty, although I was surprised to meet a fried egg sitting quietly on my rice and seafood main meal - delicious! The menu has pictures of the food cooked and uncooked.

• Visited December 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great first experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Lunch at Kim's - 1st time for Korean food. The staff were very patient and explained everything. I had veg tofu and rice in a hot stone bowl with an egg on top. It tasted lovely, my colleague had a beef dish which was apparently amazing. There was also a complimentary soup to start. After our meal the owner brought over some green tea cake for us to try. Try it we did and it was moist and not too sweet. You just have to get over the fact it's green!!! I'll definitely be back.