My Girlfriend and I stayed here over the May Day Bank Holiday weekend. Arriving late on Friday night, check in was smooth, although I was charged a £100 pre authorisation charge, which was not explained by the night manager. Aside from this the hotel itself was very comfortable. The rooms are well finished and the bathroom is large given the age of the building. The staff are helpful and courteous. The hotel is exceptional value for money. It is not quite as refined as somewhere like The Balmoral but it is not far off. Really enjoyed our stay and would strongly consoder staying here again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travel in style and stay in The Roxburghe Hotel in the heart of Edinburgh city center. The hotel rewards its guests with an unrivaled location on historic Charlotte Square. This premier 4 star hotel has recently refurbished its meeting space, public areas and all 198 bedrooms, many with views of Edinburgh Castle. Ideally located between George Street, the stylish home of the cities top bars, restaurants and boutique shops and Rose Street with more traditional pubs and eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Roxburghe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Roxburghe
- Macdonald Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh
- The Roxburghe Edinburgh, Scotland