Stayed for 3 days on Business, and will very happily return. A combination of factors meant I didn't eat in the Hotel, so can't rate that side, but in terms of front desk, reception and other staff, I couldn't have asked for me.
I did change rooms, due to factors outside of the Hotel's control, but my request was handled speedily, with the minimum of fuss and at my convenience. Everyone was more than happy to provide any assistance required, and all had a genuine concern for all the guests and I witnessed many offers from staff to other guests beyond the service I have received elsewhere.
I did find the hotel very warm, but it was cold outside and most others seemed pleased with this, however both rooms I had were clean, spacious, and good value for money.
Apart from having to wait a few minutes to check in at 10pm, because there was a queue, I have nothing negative to report, and would happily plan to stay again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travel in style and stay in The Roxburghe Hotel in the heart of Edinburgh city center. The hotel rewards its guests with an unrivaled location on historic Charlotte Square. This premier 4 star hotel has recently refurbished its meeting space, public areas and all 198 bedrooms, many with views of Edinburgh Castle. Ideally located between George Street, the stylish home of the cities top bars, restaurants and boutique shops and Rose Street with more traditional pubs and eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Roxburghe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Roxburghe
- Macdonald Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh
- The Roxburghe Edinburgh, Scotland