“Excellent Staff, Warm Friendly Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Roxburghe

You added The Roxburghe to your Saves list
The Roxburghe
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh EH2 4HQ, Scotland (Formerly Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - The Roxburghe) (New Town)   |
Ranked #46 of 146 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Excellent Staff, Warm Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed for 3 days on Business, and will very happily return. A combination of factors meant I didn't eat in the Hotel, so can't rate that side, but in terms of front desk, reception and other staff, I couldn't have asked for me.

I did change rooms, due to factors outside of the Hotel's control, but my request was handled speedily, with the minimum of fuss and at my convenience. Everyone was more than happy to provide any assistance required, and all had a genuine concern for all the guests and I witnessed many offers from staff to other guests beyond the service I have received elsewhere.

I did find the hotel very warm, but it was cold outside and most others seemed pleased with this, however both rooms I had were clean, spacious, and good value for money.

Apart from having to wait a few minutes to check in at 10pm, because there was a queue, I have nothing negative to report, and would happily plan to stay again in the future.

Room Tip: I preferred the newer room over the old front of the hotel rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ManagerReply, General Manager at The Roxburghe, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Mike F,

Thank you for your review of the Roxburghe Hotel. I am delighted to read that you found your stay with us so pleasant and that you were looked after so well by the team. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Marcello Ventisei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Lovely hotel
Staff are all very friendly
Bedroom was beautiful - queen bed - very comfortable however walls are very thin so could hear all that was going on in the neighbouring rooms! corridors look a little tired and ready for refresh
Lift is slow and tiny and each floor has a few additional steps to navigate too - not very accessible to those with disabilities or heavy suitcases.
Bar staff very friendly
Would recommend

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear KatieC587,

Thank you for your review of the Roxburghe hotel, I am happy to rerad that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us so highly. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again soon should you be visiting the city again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night on business. It is a very nice boutique hotel with spacious modern bedrooms, robes provided in room I had. The hotel supplied lavender tissues for you bed to aide a good nights sleep which was a nice touch. All staff were really friendly and courteous. The hotel also has a leisure club, pool and a spa, I didn't get a chance to use it as I was only there for one night. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice including healthy options. Great location at Charlotte Square plenty of bars and restaurants close by. The hotel also has a restaurant for evening meals or you can get room service. Would definitely recommend this hotel for business or leisure. You can also join reward scheme as part of IHG Hotels. There is also car parking available that you have to pay for, not sure of costs, worth checking ahead of booking. There is a concierge to assist with any information on restaurants, shopping, tourist attractions or shows.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Norma B,

Thank you for your review of the Roxburghe Hotel, I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with uis so much and that you forund our sleep kit so helpfull for a good nights rest. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again soon, perhaps next time for a relaxing leisure break.

Orpington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in 2 interconnecting rooms. Rooms were clean, tidy and reasonably well equipped. One of these was a club room that allowed us access to the club lounge. We had breakfast in here on the Saturday but couldn't get in on the Sunday as there were no tables. We headed to the main restaurant but there was a queue here as well so we ended up eating out. Not great. Location is fantastic, centrally located with loads of restaurants just around the corner. Would probably rate this as a 4 star hotel. Lacked the ambience of a boutique hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mark A,

Thank you for your review of the Roxburghe Hotel, I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay but would like to offer my sincere appologies for the queue at breakfast, this is genuinley not a regular occurance and not an issue we suffer from at the hotel. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future, If you do decide to return or have anything further you would like to share please do contact me on opsmgr@theroxburghe.com and I will do all I can top assist.

General manager
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We decided to have a overnight stay in Edinburgh so I choose the Roxburghe which was excellent for both Location and Service. An added extra was the spa and sauna Facilites which were great after the shopping.
The front of house team were lovely and helpful, the room was very comfortable and a lovely touch to turn the bed around with lavender strays to make it a pleasant sleep. The breakfast was very good and tasty with plenty of choice. We will definitely revisit.

Room Tip: We were given room 110 which overlooked the internal garden area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear timsc-62,

Thank you for your review of the Roxburghe Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you managed to make full use of the leisure and spa facilities at the hotel. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again soon, perhaps next time for a couple of nights extended relaxation.

Warm wishes and kinnd regards

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Just back from a fantastic weekend at the Crowne Plaza - the Roxburgh . Fantastic location - close to the train station - shopping- sites - restaurants . The staff were really friendly and helpful especially the concierge I think his name was George. He went the extra mile to find us a great restaurant Saturday night. The breakfast was included in our deal and we had £25 each towards a dinner - all our meals were very good. I had stayed in this hotel when it was just The Roxburgh and I feel the change of the decor has improved the overall look of the hotel

Room Tip: If on a winter deal book Spa treatments early as we left it too late so missed out :-(
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear lsteron2ur,

Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Roxburghe Hotel. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that we were the ideal location for your weekend away. I do hope we wil be able to welcome you back again soon should you be returning to Edinburgh.

Marcello Ventsiei
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

As Mother of Groom and part of the fair mily party staying at the Roxburghe we cannot fault the excellent service, centralised location, standard of food, cleanliness and extremely good value for money. The rooms are very comfortable, the facilities from the pool to room service and the attentive yet friendly attitude of staff exceeded our expectations. The pride of the management and staff is in evidence everywhere and we would particularly thank Gavin, our Concierge, for the efficient and helpful way he managed to achieve the impossible on our behalf. I cannot remember a hotel which has given such a favourable lasting impression and heartily recommend the Roxburghe - it is definitely a hotel on the way up - excellent, a big thank you for making our son's wedding even more special.

Room Tip: I can only give experience of our room on 1st floor overlooking rear of hotel which was very quiet...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Karen P,

Thank you so much for your incredibly kind and genorous review following your stay with us for your Sons wedding. We really do take huge pride in the standard of service we provide here at the hotel and our Weddings are perfect for us to really push the boat out and shine with the only focus for the team to deliver the best possible memories to our Bride and Groom on their very special day, Gavin sends his very best wishes and thanks for your kind mention and looks forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future, as we all do.

Marcello Ventisei

Been to The Roxburghe? Share your experiences!