The Roxburghe is situated in the perfect location if you plan a city break. I stayed here for 5 nights on business and wished I was visiting on holiday. The hotel is ideally placed for restaurants, bars, tourist attractions and shopping. It's also not too far from the train station, Waverly...and Haymarket is only a little further away. The bus station is also in walking distance and travel from the airport is easy.
I would recommend this hotel if you are coming to Edinburgh for a short break with your partner.
Breakfast was excellent although busy at the weekends. The staff were friendly and helpful both in the restaurant and at reception. The lounge area is smart and relaxed.
The room was spacious and clean. I was in the new part of the hotel - no view of note.
There is a gym in the basement.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Roxburghe
- Macdonald Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh
- Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - The Roxburghe Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travel in style and stay in the Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - The Roxburghe in the heart of Edinburgh city center. The hotel rewards its guests with an unrivaled location on historic Charlotte Square. This premier 4 star hotel has recently refurbished its meeting space, public areas and all 198 bedrooms, many with views of Edinburgh Castle. Ideally located between George Street, the stylish home of the cities top bars, restaurants and boutique shops and Rose Street with more traditional pubs and eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - The Roxburghe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.