Just returned after having an amazing time at the King James on one of their xmas party nights with overnight stay. The hotel is in the best location ever being a short walk from princes street or has direct access to St James Centre.
We were lucky to be given room 437 which faced onto the street right above the xmas tree. I am a light sleeper but did not hear any street noise whatsoever and the windows has excellent blackout curtains blocking all light from outside.
The cleanliness of the room was excellent and the room had everything you could ask for. The staff from the moment of check-in, to the staff at breakfast was very good & nothing was too much bother.
I will certainly be returning to this hotel, hopefully soon, and would have no hesitation on recommending to friends!
Keep up the good work King James, your doing an excellent job!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King James is located just off Edinburgh’s world-famous Princes Street, and a short walk from the Royal Mile. Whether you’re here for work or pleasure, the Fringe or to see in the New Year, you’re guaranteed a warm Scottish welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King James, Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- King James By Thistle Edinburgh
- Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James Scotland