I stayed here with my partner and toddler for a short break. Hotel is - to be honest - a little dated. Comfortable enough but a little frayed around the edges. Breakfast was usual buffet fayre; again pleasant enough if not exceptional. My only real complaint was that walls seemed a little thin; though I think my toddler disturbed my neighbours more than they did us!
However what puts this up to four stars is the staff - courteous and friendly throughout and really made a difference to our stay.
Also - location is excellent. A few minutes from Edinburgh Waverley station and within a few minutes walking distance of Princes Street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King James is located just off Edinburgh’s world-famous Princes Street, and a short walk from the Royal Mile. Whether you’re here for work or pleasure, the Fringe or to see in the New Year, you’re guaranteed a warm Scottish welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King James, Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- King James By Thistle Edinburgh
- Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James Scotland