We stayed here for 3 nights in November. We got a very good deal on the price, and thought the location was fantastic.Very handy to waverley train station and if you want to shop, the shopping centre which includes a John Lewis, is just literally below the hotel. It was also so handy for the playhouse theatre. It is not a luxurious or glamorous 4 star hotel, but it was really cosy and warm - v impt as the weather was a bit miserable for some of our stay, and it was comfortable, spotless and had everything you need. If you get a good price, would thoroughly recommend it for a short break in Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King James is located just off Edinburgh’s world-famous Princes Street, and a short walk from the Royal Mile. Whether you’re here for work or pleasure, the Fringe or to see in the New Year, you’re guaranteed a warm Scottish welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King James, Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- King James By Thistle Edinburgh
- Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James Scotland