“Hilton, holiday inn are better” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor

You added Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor to your Saves list
Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Grosvenor Street | Haymarket, Edinburgh EH12 5EF, Scotland (West End)   |
Offers & Announcements
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #118 of 146 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Hilton, holiday inn are better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Went up with work. Took 2 tenants up with another carer. Receptionist was really nice and the bar staff too. The rooms were ok for the 2 tenants but are twin room was terrible. Floor sqeeked when walking on it, bed was awful, sit on it is creeked, lumpy solid matress, shower was terrible, water dribbled out, fitting hanging off the door. Tv was fuzzy and snowy. For a hilton hotel we expected so much more. On the 2nd day the dust in the bar area was terrible due to windows being replaced. Soon had to changey white t shirt. They did offer to move our room but that would of took us away from our tenants we was looking after so had to stick it out for one more night.

Lewis and corky on the bar so helpful and excellent at there job. Some of the others looked like they wanted to be there(not).

Duty manager was very nice and apologetic.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Thai first
uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

as a gold Hhonors member i used to spend around 40 nights a year at hilton hotels so i have plenty of them to compare and this one is one of those which you promise not to stay again . Property is tired and rooms decor very dated and looks like just bits of furniture was thrown in without thinking, bathroom desperate of good cleaning ( nevermind revamping). But the worst thing is breakfast , there is not even single fresh cut vegetable available and when i asked chef if its possible to have some he answered the options only whats out there ! is it that hard to slice some cucumber and carrot? I know majority of people fine by that but its not good customer service not for hilton anyway . After complaining at the reception about it i was just told that everything scottish is deep fried and if i want i can fill the form . So overall is very disappointing rooms and service considering £390 for 3 nights feels like a total waste.

Room Tip: choose another hotel .
Pflugerville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the first week in July 2012. We stayed in room 12 which was on the street level. I was pleasantly shocked to basically walk into a 1 bedroom apartment! The bathroom was was very clean. My husband loved the towel warmer! The bedroom had a king size bed, desk and flat screen tv. Then we had a family room with a sofa, chair, table and another flat screen tv. The high ceilings and windows added more to the spacious feeling. The front desk staff was very friendly. Several staff members gave helped us navigate the closest places to the hotel to catch the city buses to different locations. One staff member even gave me her email address in order to print tickets for me from the link in my confirmation email. The buffet breakfast was very good, and the restaurant staff was extremely friendly and personable. On the last night of my stay, I order a burger from room service. It wasn't cooked to the temperature that I like. When I called to ask for a pizza instead, my pizza came fully cooked and with a free beverage for my inconvenience. All in all, I was very happy with my stay here. I think this hotel's location will be even better once the tram is completed.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 12.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, beautiful room, stay here for work/conference, but it felt like a luxury break! Thank you

• Stayed November 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed here for New Year's Eve and it was lovely. I had read some reviews on here before our stay and was a little dubious. But our room was nice and clean, modern and comfy.

The hotel was well kept in the public areas and the staff were always helpful and greeted us when were we returned from our days out.

I couldn't have asked for a better stay really. The only little niggle is parking, but there are local secure car parks near by if you plan a head. Already booked for our next stay in December 2012!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The most annoying thing about our stay at this hotel are the pervasive raodworks that seem to have involved most of the center of Edinburgh. The hotel cannot be faulted for this. Our car's GPS was often suggesting roads that were either closed or one way in the wrong direction. Central Edinburgh will be like that for a while so be prepared.

The room (guesthouse section) was nice, spacious, clean. There seem to be no lifts on the guesthouse basement area which makes getting luggage to your room more of an effort than some might like.

Very helpful staff was there to help us (luggage included) and as the reception staff changed frequently the good manners and will to help were no coincidence.

I am mentioning this because other reviewers seem to not have had a positive experience at this hotel. I would return there again. Cost wise when you stay at a Hilton you can't expect your bull to be on the low side. I found our bill reasonable and in line with what we received.

We only had breakfast at the Hilton and it was first rate.

Room Tip: Rooms in the basement of the Guesthouse have no lift. Be aware of this if you have a lot of luggage.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel was grubby, shabby and in need of some desperate renovation!
The hotel lobby it's self looked lovely and i initially thought that the place would be clean and tidy but i was sadly mistaken!
I thought that if we booked into a Hilton for a romantic couple of days away in a beautiful city it would be brilliant and up to the 'expected Hilton standards'.
It is not worth one penny of the £250 we paid for 2 nights! As we didnt arrive in suits looking like we were there for a business meeting we were shunned by the staff who didnt seem to want to know us and were most unhelpful!
The 1 scatter cushion on the bed was dirty and torn, the net up at the window was dirty and torn, the heater didnt work in the room, there was no air con, the mattress was bust with various spring digging into us all night which then led to 2 sleepless nights, the overthrow on the bed was stained and the pillows were fkat and hard as rocks!
For the money you pay to stay in a Hilton you expect luxury but in all honesty I would never book into a Hilton again even if it was FREE!! The car park is also not the '2 minute walk away' it says - More like 10-15 with baggage!
This Hilton was a disgrace!! My advice would be to stay in the Premier Inn over the road if you are thinking of booking his hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor? Share your experiences!