The only good thing about this hotel was the price.
To say the room was bare is an understatement. In a family room there were 4 hangers dangling from a rail. No wardrobe, no drawers, not even a shelf to put clothes on! One hard chair for us to share. A grotty looking sofa bed - unmade. A rock hard double bed with the weirdest looking bedside lights like something from a cheap SciFi movie. Stupid little nook things at the side of the bed replaced the traditional bedside table.
The room was so big and empty you could play badmington in it, and according to the receptionist, this was not the biggest room. When I suggested to her that someone had broken into the room and stolen the furniture, she said "Travelodge don't do furniture". OK!
The breakfast was tolerable on the first morning but on the second morning the place was a tip. Uncleared tables, no eggs, no bowls for cereal, no milk, horrid tinned mushrooms and congealed beans. One poor member of staff who snapped at me "I've got a hundred things in my mind at the moment" when I asked for a bowl. Lovely.
I would never go back and could not recommend it to anyone UNLESS you had absolutely no better alternative. The room was quite clean, up to the edge of the bed.....don't look under though, or move the sofa!!
You have been warned.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh Learmonth Hotel
- Travelodge Edinburgh Learmonth Hotel Edinburgh
- Travelodge Edinburgh
- Learmonth Hotel Edinburgh
- Travelodge Edinburgh Learmonth Scotland
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your Travelodge Edinburgh Learmonth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.