We stayed twice at The Scotsman in January 2013 and yet again, we had a fantastic time. So in 4mnths - I have stayed there 3 times. We received a complimentary upgrade on our 3rd check in, to the Publisher room on the 4th floor - WoW! A fabulous room - we felt utterly spoiled in that room. Breakfast is outstanding with superb service. Complimentary WIFI which help making life just so much easier! Staff overall very helpful and a big plus have to go to ?Ivan, the guy with his marvellous tartan pants! You want to know something...you ask him! He will tell you, he will show you, he will take you! The Scotsman is such a historical building, it is really beautiful and so well kept. It has huge personality and makes one feel so welcome. Small but great little bar and the 2 bar men knows their stuff! Highly recommended hotel!
- Also Known As:
- The Scotsman Hotel Edinburgh
- Scotsman Hotel
- Scotsman Hotel Edinburgh
- The Scotsman Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scotsman Hotel, resides within the former Scotsman Newspaper building. Originally built in 1905, this majestic building was designed to dominate the Edinburgh skyline and features incredible views of the city´s most famous landmarks. In 2001 the building was transformed into The Scotsman Hotel with careful attention towards preserving the magnificent Italian marble staircase, stunning oak panelling, imposing marble pillars and ornate ceilings.Originally the reception room of the newspaper, our North Bridge Bar and Brasserie features the original oak panelling, a hand carved wooden balcony and imposing marble pillars. The seating area is split into two levels with the balcony offering quieter, intimate seating, with a birds-eye-view below to the buzzing main restaurant and cocktail bar.The newspaper held its giant printing presses in the lower ground floor. The press room now houses our Scotsman Health Club and Spa with a vast state of the art gym. Popular with locals and hotel guests alike. Facilities include a steel swimming pool, steam and sauna, tropicarium, 60-station gym, spa treatment rooms and a relaxation suite.With no two alike, our 69 rooms and suites each have their own quirky features including curved corner window bays with breathtaking views and marble bathrooms and as a guest at The luxury 5 star Scotsman you will enjoy free Wi-Fi access and a complimentary Scotsman Newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, Splendia, Agoda, Otel, EasyToBook, Olotels, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your The Scotsman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.