“Two night stay Hilton Edinburgh Airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport

You added Hilton Edinburgh Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Edinburgh Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Edinburgh International Airport, Edinburgh EH28 8LL, Scotland (Airport)   |
Offers & Announcements
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #109 of 146 Hotels in Edinburgh
Northampton, UK
“Two night stay Hilton Edinburgh Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Standard of hotel remains at a reasonably high level i.e. building, rooms etc., although very expensive for a deluxe room at circa £200 per night when you factor in breakfast, room service evening meal and even parking!! I use this hotel quite often on my business travels to Scotland, but only because its a convenient location for me personally and I accumulate Hilton Honors points.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

stuartcran, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear PaulF_7 ,

Thank you very much for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

I am delighted that the hotel meets your needs and expectations for your trips to Scotland. In regards to pricing our best rates can always be found at hilton.com.

Our rates are largely driven by the seasonality of the Edinburgh market and we do try to keep our rates competitive and inline with other 4 star international hotels in the area.

Stuart Cran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Indonesian first
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My second comfortable stay at the airport Hilton when going to a 6 Nations rugby match. But I have one gripe. Seemingly nowhere in the hotel was any Worcester sauce to be found to go with my full English breakfast. Come on Hilton - I'm sure you can invest in a bottle!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
stuartcran, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear JGB191

Thank you very much for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your second stay with us and that the score at the rugby was to your liking.

I am at a loss as to why there was no Worcester sauce available for you. This is a standard item on the breakfast buffet and also available in the bar, I can only assume we ran out and for this I apologise.

I have checked today and it is available. I hope next time you visit it will be available for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip to Murrayfield.

Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We enjoyed a couple of days here before setting off on a trip to Iceland, the hotel is easy walking distance from the airport terminal so no waiting on buses etc. The staff made us very welcome and got us into our room very promptly, the food was excellent and there is not a trace or aircraft noise. Couldn't ask for more really.

Dear DarrellNI

Many thanks for your review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and will ensure your review is shared with my team.

Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

What is it with airport Hiltons, the nice free buses to and from the terminals are no more. In this case, there is a shuttle from the bus park, but during the current renovations you are half way to the hotel by the time you find the bus stop, so better to keep walking.
It is walking distance to the hotel so that is the quickest way. Reception are very welcoming and free drink voucher was also handed over, but at nearly 11pm, I was too tired to make use.
The room was a decent size and comfortable. I was too late to try the pool, but it looked a decent size as my room overlooked it. Breakfast had a good selection and check out was smooth and un eventful. I only miss the bus, but then a 10 minute walk isn't too bad.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
stuartcran, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Zoe W,

Thank you for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

I fully appreciate your concerns about the location of the bus stance and this is being dictated by the airport.

We have recently changed bus operator which means our stance is much closer to the terminal but I am pressing to be allowed for our operator to be able to drop off and pick up at the actual terminal.

I will certainly use your feedback to allow us to lobby the decision makers.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

After returning from our holiday we decided to spend the night here to break the journey home.We have stayed at many airport hotels over the years and I have to say this is by far the best.We stayed here a few years ago and it was ok so thought lets do it again.This time it was far better and well exceeded our expectations.The hotel now has a lovely comfy atmosphere and from the moment we checked in we could tell we had made he correct decision.

From the receptionists to the housekeeping all the staff are just wonderful,nothing to much of a bother polite ,professional and above all friendly.We were given a beautiful deluxe room with a massive comfy bed,we both had a great night's sleep.Although the hotel is only five minutes from the terminal we did nor hear one plane,so the hotel must be well insulated.

Now for dinning in the restaurant well what can we say???Fab fab fab the quality of food from the taste to the presentation was excellent,that along with the first class service made it a night to remember,and ended our holiday perfectly.There was a slight hiccup with the meal booking I have to say this was my mistake,but was quickly sorted out by Kevin who took it in his stride,and where he could have not bothered and said tough he rearranged everything for us.We had a drink in the lounge while we checked out the menu and were then given a nice table by the lovely Monika who was our waitress for the evening.She kept us right with the choices and chose perfectly.She was very professional but again above all very friendly.The food here was as good as any we have had in a restaurant never mind an airport hotel.

So after our good sleep down for breakfast and what a fantastic affair this was.Again great service from Georgina along with a great selection of food,and all cooked to perfection.Best scrambled eggs in along time complete with ordered crispy bacon omg lovely.

Summing up then great atmosphere,lovely room,delicious food and Fantastic staff we can't wait to stay here again.A big thank you to all concerned in making the last nigh of our break a very memorable one.cheers.

Room Tip: 353 for a good sleep and comfy bed.
Dear RobertAnne

Many thanks for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

I am absolutely delighted that you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay and will ensure your review is shared with my team.

I also take great pride when I read individual team members being mentioned in these reviews as it shows they have made a lasting impression for our guests,

Kind Regards

Yunquera, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We arrived late after a flight, and found the receptionist to be completely unfriendly. Follow that to the room, which despite the eco warnings scattered around, was so hot that we had to open a window - no thermostat, so couldn't cool the room down.

The room was the epitome of bleak - small room, small double bed, not even a bed spread to brighten up the room. The carpet was extensively stained, too - gee, thanks for the reminder that hundreds of people have sleep in this room!

Then went to the bar for a quick drink to ease our nerves - £13 for one beer and a small wine, really?

Hilton, I used to choose you because I'd get a really nice room but that's obviously no longer true. You have to try harder - and I feel so sorry for business travelers who regularly have to stay here!

Dear casa_tyr

Thank you for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

I am really concerned to read your review and will investigate the room that you stayed in. This review is certainly not the general perception of the hotel and I am sorry that is how you found it,

I can see no record of any of the above issues being brought to our attention whilst you were on property. we have a duty management team available 24/7 to adress any concerns of our guests.

Our team are renowned for their friendly welcome, which is highlighted on this site, and again I apologise you did not find this to be the case on your arrival.

Can I ask that you contact me personally next time you wish to stay in the hotel and I will ensure that your stay is 100% to your expectation.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to the property

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

A quick overnight stay after a return from Paris as I had business meetings on the Monday, it was OK Breakfast was excellent and if you need to stay in this location it ticks all the boxes, I would recommend it

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear PWF1957

Many thanks for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport

I am dleighted the hotel met your needs and you found the locaiton to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Stuart Cran

Been to Hilton Edinburgh Airport? Share your experiences!