“Hotel experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport

You added Hilton Edinburgh Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Edinburgh Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Edinburgh International Airport, Edinburgh EH28 8LL, Scotland (Airport)   |
Offers & Announcements
Park & Fly from £134
Ranked #110 of 146 Hotels in Edinburgh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Hotel experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am a regular visitor to this hotel, the staff are excellent and the service very good. they take the time to talk to you and make you feel welome, nothing is ever too much trouble. The gym and pool areas are very clean and all of the facilities within the hotel are staffed by people who care about your stay

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

stuartcran, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Tony S,

Many thanks for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

It is always a pleasure to hear from our regular guests and that we are continuing to meet and exceed your expectations.

I will be sure to share this review with my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

Stuart Cran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Indonesian first
Inverness, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel on our outward and return legs from a holiday in the sun.

We were very impressed with the friendly, helpful staff and the comfortable facilities in the well appointed bedrooms.

However, we did not enjoy our cooked breakfast on the way out and did not eat in the hotel on the return journey -opting to eat in Edinburgh.

The continental part of the breakfast was fine but the cooked element was not enjoyable and the layout of serving spoons etc was bordering on the unhygenic. Now the latter may well have been the fault of the other guests but this had not been corrected by catering staff when we went to eat. It really didn't taste very good and I left comments on the company's feed back sheet to that effect. At around £25 for two it was not good value for money.

We found that the shuttle arrangements worked well and we returned at midnight on the return leg.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
stuartcran, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Gallipoli007

I am sorry that your experience of our breakfast was not a positive one. Usually the feedback we receive about the Hilton breakfast is extremely positive. However, on this occassion it appears we have lacked attention to detail in the presentation of the buffet. Please be assured that i will adress this with the Food and Beverage team and seek their feedback.

I do hope you return to us in the very near future and you will see a marked improvement in this areas.

Kindest Regards

Pittenweem, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed just 1 night on an excellent Park & Fly deal. Really good hotel, food was good, room was clean and quiet. Food & Drink costs were about standard for an Airport Hotel. Check the Shuttle bus to the airport, we had a bad experience as the bus came very late. Note for next time, there is a public bus stop accross the road from the hotel or arrange a taxi if your Check In times are tight. You can also walk the relatively short distance.

Dear Stephen W

Thank you for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

I would like to apologise for the service you received from our bus operator. We have been having niggling issues with the service for a while now and from the 1st Feb we will have a new system in place where we will utilise the long stay airport bus which operates on a loop systme to carry our guests to the airport.

I am sure this will improve things significantly.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

Kind Regards

Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have stayed in the Hilton Hotel at Edinburgh Airport on many occasions. The hotel is ideally located and very close to the airport. Our twin room on the ground floor was very nice, the bathroom as well. I am usually very satisfied with everything. However this time, we were not satisfied at all with the service, in particular with the lift to the airport in their shuttle.

When we checked in, we were told to give notice 20 minutes in advance, when we needed a lift to the airport. Our flight was at 6.30 am and so I called the reception at 4.40 am to order a lift for 5 pm. The lady at the reception said that we could not order by phone but had to come to the reception in person. When we came to the reception, other people already waited for the shuttle too. We all waited and waited. After half an hour the shuttle finally arrived and we made it to the airport in time. A taxi would have been the better option that early morning.

Otherwise, the hotel is highly recommendable due to its proximity to the airport and car rentals.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear TightLoops

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

I am sorry that your recent service regarding the shuttle bus was not to our usual standard. I am however, pleased to advise that from the 1st February we are changing our bus provider to a more user friendly service.

This bus will operate on a loop system and will negate the need to call the bus for individual guests.

I hope you see a marked improvement on this service next time you are at the hotel

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

forfar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

we have stayed many times before and after flying, and have found this to be the most accommodating of the airport hotels. on our last return from abroad, we were booked for the night before driving home the next day, and arrived half an hour after the cut-off time at the restaurant. we asked if the only option was room service, but the staff offered to serve us in the bar, which was much better than eating in our room. we have never had any problems like noise, or lack or amenities, just very good service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ForfarTiger

Thank you very much for your review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed and continue to enjoy staying with us. I am also pleased that the team were able to show an element of flexibility with your dining requirements.

I will ensure this review is shared with the team who I am sure will be delighted to read it.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Hilton for New Years Eve. Despite the time off year it was not too crowded and it was very quiet even though we were next to the airport. Our room was on the ground floor. It was a good size, very clean, plenty off storage, good climate control, extremely comfortable bed. The staff were more than helpful. We asked for recommendations for where to eat in Edunburgh City Centre. The helpful receptionist got out a street map and guided us through the entire square even pointing out the free parking.
The swimming pool was lovely, great size and the sauna and steam room were also good although may need updating in a couple of years.
Our check out was swift and pleasant and we were even given free parking despite being told it was £7/day.
Although we would've preferred to be in the city centre which was about a 10-15 min drive we were quite happy once we got there to make the journey into Edinburgh as it is a nice drive and the hotel was so pleasant. I would definitely rate this as a 4 star and recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
stuartcran, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear luxuryseeker101

Thank you very much for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the Edinburgh New Year atmosphere and found our location suitable for your needs.

I will ensure your commetns are shared with the team as I am sure they will be delighted to read them.

Hopefully we will see you next Hogmany at Hilton Edinburgh Airport

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Excellent staff, clean hotel, nice menu - a little out the way of town, but that meant I went to the gym! The gym facilities are excellent and you can even take part in the classes! Room service is delivered quickly and they will be flexable on the menu - you just need to ask.

Dear Rebecca L,

Many Thanks for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and managed to partake in the gym classes that we offer.

I am delighted that my team showed some felxibility with the menu and managed to meet your needs in this department.

I do hope you decide to stay with us on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Kindest Regards

Stuart Cran

Been to Hilton Edinburgh Airport? Share your experiences!