“A good nights stay..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Edinburgh Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Edinburgh Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Edinburgh International Airport, Edinburgh EH28 8LL, Scotland (Airport)   |
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #108 of 147 hotels in Edinburgh
Southampton, United Kingdom
“A good nights stay..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton at Edinburgh Airport last week on a business stay with a colleague. The check in was friendly and efficient and the rooms clean and a good size. Dinner in the restaurant was good and the service was excellent. Breakfast in the morning was excellent and the staff were great as we stayed longer for a business meeting and they refreshed coffee etc. willingly. Check out was also friendly and efficient.
My only negatives would be the heating in the room was a small radiator and the room was hot when I went to bed but I woke up cold in the night. The other thing was the bar prices are steep but this is generally the case in this type of hotel. All in all though a good stay and I will happily stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

867 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Don't arrive at this Hilton expecting the usual standard. While the staff and food are good the hotel itself is very much in line with a Holiday Inn Express. Rooms are basic and it doesn't have the same appeal as other Hiltons ie Glasgow which is always high quality. Since the hotel does not now supply it's own transport to the terminal, it was a shambles!! 20 people waiting for transport including a young family for approx 30 mins is not good at 4.45 am. This is not the first time this has happened, when we've stayed there. Unless this is sorted we would be as well staying further away and booking taxis!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Liam_Spillane, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear SteveMunro60

Thank you for review of our hotel.

I was very sorry to read that you were affected by the service provided by Flying Scot carparks shuttle service who are the paid to provide this service. We have had an improvement in the service after recent communication with this operator. However it does pain me to read any kind of issue like you experienced and once again I am sorry for this shortfall.

I appreciate the positive comments that you have been kind enough to highlight as well and I know it will be well received by my team as well.

Many thanks again for your review, I hope that you will consider our hotel again in the future if you could contact me direct at the hotel, it would be greatly appreciated if the opportunity arises.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Two overnight stays were pretty enjoyable. Rooms in both stays were very comfortable,heating systems were somewhat erratic, but rooms were clean and fresh and no problems with bathroom facilities. Only one breakfast taken, but it was as good as a full "Scottish" can be.Check out was efficiently handled by friendly staff, and ,all in all no grounds for any criticism, would,and have, had repeated stays here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bill M

Thanks for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

We are at an advanced stage of installing supplementary heating in all bedrooms and so I u deist and your point. The remaining comments that you have made are all very positive and I greatly appreciate each and every compliment you have mentioned.

Thanks again for your time and effort in your review.

Worksop, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here on a visit to see the rugby international. The hotel has a direct express bus link to the City Centre and Murrayfield. We eat in the resteraunt and the food and choice was good but not cheap. The breakfast was excellent value, quality and choice as was the service. The check in and check out was also very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Liam_Spillane, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Mike D

Thank you for your fantastic review of our property after your recent stay with us.

On reading your review I hope the rugby was as good as you state your hotel experience was! I think your words of praise for the hotel is a great accolade for my team and facilities.

Once again, thank for your review.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

spent one night in this hotel, Room was clean although there were chunks of plaster of the wall, and was in need of a lick of paint.

Breakfast consisted of a salad bar where the (selection of cheese), was lying dried up on the plates the cold meat was as bad,

Temperature control consisted of either a wall heater or one of these rattling ceiling fans that you get in Spanish hotels.

To top it all on the web site it does not tell you that they have the cheek to charge you six pounds to(£6) to park your car in their car park whilst staying in the hotel.

Wont be back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review.

I was sorry to read that there was some damage to the wall in your bedroom. I can only hope that when guests encounter something like this, that a quick telephone call to reception from the room would have had a member of management with you to speak with you to resolve the matter.

I can see from your description of breakfast you opted for the continental breakfast which is provided fresh daily and so what you experienced is very far from what we provide normally. I'm sorry again that this was the case.

Finally in relation to your feedback on the car park charges, due to our location at an international airport we could not provide free parking due to the volume of cars wishing to use our facility which would mean legitimate hotel guests would possibly not have anywhere to park close to the hotel. In addition to this as our land is owned by the airport owning company we are not allowed to provide free car parking.

I hope that my reply gives you some clarity and understanding for your much appreciated feedback.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed in a twin room for 1 night, as always we were met by friendly staff at reception. This hotel is very convenient for an early morning flight. The flying scot minibus took us to the airport and back, it seems to take a good bit longer to make this journey compared to when Hilton did it directly.
The room was comfortable but did look a bit dated perhaps it's time for a bit of room refurbishment?
The breakfast was good and on the whole we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Enjoylife63

Thank you very much for your recent positive review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

I'm happy to confirm we do have another project starting on 3rd December 2012 on the next phase of bedroom refurbishments. Perhaps you could look us up the next time and we will allocate one these rooms for you?

Thanks again for your review.

Brownsburg, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I don't know if it was because we had spent several nights at amazing B&Bs leading up to our last night in Scotland, but we were not particularly impressed with this hotel. We chose it because it is right next to the airport, so that was very convenient. I read on their site (or maybe it was Travelocity) that they offer a complimentary shuttle to the airport, but it in fact costs money -- it was either 1 or 2 pounds per person. The staff was friendly, and while the room was clean, it felt overpriced and lackluster. This might be nit-picky but there wasn't an outlet near the bed that I could use to charge my phone, which I was also using as an alarm clock. The provided alarm clock was across the room. I thought I could unplug the bedside lamp and use that outlet, but it didn't match any of my converters. Next time, we will stay at another B&B and find a way to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Liam_Spillane, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Leslie M

Thanks for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport. I, along with my team, was sorry to read that your stay with us was not to your total satisfaction.

I have taken your points constructively and will follow them up individually in the operation and with the team. The shuttle bus service has had a small nominal fee of £1.00 in place since January 2012, however I have been chasing third party websites to update information that they carry about my hotel, so again I'm sorry that this is the case.

Once again, thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel, I know you said that you would look at alternatives in the future, but please contact me at the hotel if you think I can help based on my reply to you that your comments have been taken seriously.

Liam Spillane, Hotel Manager, Hilton Edinburgh Airport

Been to Hilton Edinburgh Airport? Share your experiences!