“Good but Not great value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport

You added Hilton Edinburgh Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Edinburgh Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Edinburgh International Airport, Edinburgh EH28 8LL, Scotland (Airport)   |
Offers & Announcements
Park & Fly from £134
Ranked #110 of 146 Hotels in Edinburgh
Durham, United Kingdom
“Good but Not great value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed here for two nights at short notice with two kids. Generally good as you would expect from a hilton but could make the following improvements;
1 food is over priced, so we had to go out which was a shame as we were all tired
2 carparking charge would be expensive but was luckily included in my corporate rate
3 very noisy at night - not guests fault as flights leaving at all times. Fit better door dampeners mr hilton?
4 breakfast ok but for over a £100 a night have had made to order at many places, not buffet so not great value

Very close to edinburgh park and ride which is a plus.

Staff are all very friendly and helpful and i would say hotels best asset.

Decor is good ( if your bothered) and furnishings were all new and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011
LiamSpillane, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear fozzibeat

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

Overall your ratings of the hotel are quite good which again I am grateful for.

The main comment seems to be with the perception of value. I understand fully that there are many choices of hotels out in the market but I really hope that we still provide a superior experience in terms of quality food and service along with a friendly smile. We continually assess local trends in what prices should be charged and I hope that this will not put you off from staying with us again.

Thank you again for your comments and if we can help in any way in the future, please do contact us where we will be pleased to help.

Liam Spillane, Hotel manager, Hilton Edinburgh Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Indonesian first
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

My partner and I had an early morning flight to Amsterdam (06.10) and then an onward connection to Washington.

We took adavantage of a special early booking deal with the Hitlon (booked in July) for 1 night overnight stay and 14 days secure parking.

The hotel is idealy situated extremely close to the Airport and there is numerous parking availabity in the hotel car park.

The free shuttle bus to the airport is provided by the Flying Scot Secure Car Park company who collect yoiu at the Hotel and again at the airport on your return and drop you off at the Hilton to collect your car.

The room at the Hilton was clean comfortable and quiet and well furnished.

Good to have a nice sleep without having to leave home early.

Would certianly take advantage of this offer again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear citydetective

Thank you for your fantastic review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

The Park and Fly deal is quite an offer and I'm delighted that you found it good value for money and made for the perfect start to your holidays when you stayed at the hotel.

The shuttle service takes a lot of the hassle out of parking at the main airport terminal, and is much more economical too.

The perfect way to start your holiday is with a great nights sleep and again I am pleased that you found our bedrooms comfortable.

Thank you again for your comments, hopefully you'll keep an eye out for us again when you're making holiday arrangements again in the future.

Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

First the positives, only a short stroll from the airport the Hilton is fantastically located. The lobby has undergone a refurbishment and the attached health centre is adequate (albeit the steam room which was malfunctioning and cold). As with most Hilton hotels the breakfast was also very good.

Unfortunately this about exhausts the list of good things associated with this hotel.

My room (258) was soulless with marks on the walls and had an appalling bathroom covered in black mould. I understand that there is a refurbishment programme ongoing but this should not be deemed good enough for the Hilton brand. A bottle of water in the room also costs £3.95 which is simply daylight robbery.

Next time I'll avoid the airport hotels and simply spend a night in the city centre.

Dear allar0undthew0rld

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

Firstly I am sorry that you encountered parts of the hotel that were not to a high standard, I am sorry also that you found the price of the large bottle of water unacceptable.

As you may have read from previous responses I have posted to reviews of the hotel, we are almost finished our soft refurb of all bathrooms in the hotel. This includes grout and silicon which again I fully understand why it attracted negative feedback in the past.

With reference the price of the litre bottle of water, the price is reflective of local and national pricing in similar standard hotels. However I note your feedback and I am sorry again that you found this to be objectionable.

The steam room was fixed very quickly after we discovered it was not functioning properly, with the hours that it's in use every day, unfortunately it can breakdown without warning.

Finally, I felt your review was very fair in your balance of what you felt were the positives during your stay. Location is certainly something we can state as a positive and of course our famous Hilton Breakfast is also another reason to return.

With this said I do hope that with my reply and insight into the work we are carrying out at the hotel, you will give us one more chance in the future and stay with us again. If I can help, please do contact the hotel.

Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Stayed here for one night as we had an early flight to catch. Reception staff were friendly and helpful and the free shuttle bus was excellent but the rooms were dated and the bathroom was a bit mouldy

Dear happytravellers73

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Edinburgh Airport

Firstly, it was nice to read your positive impressions of Reception and of our Shuttle Service to the terminal building. Even if you're not a resident, you can still park your car in the hotel carpark for a full day, enjoy a great Costa coffee and use the shuttle service all for £6.

On your point about the bathrooms, I understand fully your feedback on this and I am pleased to let you know that we are already advanced in our soft refurb of all bathrooms in the hotel. I am sorry that you encountered this on your stay, but as I say we have this almost addressed for all future guests.

Thanks again for your review, please do contact us if we can help at any stage in the future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights with my family. Received a very warm welcome at the reception and the prter helped us with our luggage. The highlight of the stay was our meal at the restaurant. Food was very good,but the service was EXCELLENT. We were greeted and escorted to a table promptly. The restaurant manager came over and gave an activity pack to both my kids....which was very thoughtful as it kept them busy for rest of the evening while we enjoyed our meal. The breakfast next morning was great as well...plenty of choice.
It was a perfect start to our holiday and we have booked it again for December...cant wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Lovehandle12345

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Edinburgh Airport

It was great to read that from the moment you arrived you were taken care of so well by my team at Reception. Our Front of House Porters do make a really positive impression too with their warm and welcoming assistance.

Your dining experience, particularly about the food quality was also very pleasing to read. Our new Executive Chef David Thornton has certainly added his own style to our already capable team. As before our younger guests remain a focus for us too, there's nothing like a little peace and quiet while parents can sit back and chat!

Our recently refreshed standards of Hilton Breakfast are also a hit with many guests and I am happy that this got you off to a perfect day and then what sounds like a great holiday too.

December is just around the corner........we'll see you soon for sure then!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Hotel stunning. And rooms very nice too!!! Be back soon my wee boy loves it!!! Staff very good too!!!!

Dear peterarmour

Thank you for your "Fab" review of our hotel!

Short and sweet and I couldn't have wished to have read a more positive review.

Good to note too that your son loves us too, our youngest Hilton guests are just as important as our more experienced!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed for two nights when we visited the Alfred Dunhill Links Golf Championship at St. Andrews and Carnoustie. This was a very comfortable stay with very attentative and friendly staff. The restaurant was vey busy but we were well looked after by the staff. Afterwards, we very much enjoyed the entertainment in the hotel lobby, the singer we understand was one of the hotel staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear raymond37

Thank you for placing your review on Tripadvisor.

It was great to read that you were travelling up to St Andrews for the golf and found our hotel to be placed well to get to easily and without a long journey either.

My team at the hotel are a friendly lot and it was nice for you to comment on this. Your information on our "Singing Engineer" is quite correct! As a trial I wanted to see what the reaction was to some light entertainment, and John has certainly surpassed all expectation, he was a hidden gem in the background - now X factor beckons!

Thanks again for your review, please get in touch direct if we can help with any future stays you're planning.

Liam Spillane, Hotel Manager, Hilton Edinburgh Airport

Been to Hilton Edinburgh Airport? Share your experiences!