“Fantastic, relaxing weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scotland
“Fantastic, relaxing weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here on a dinner, bed and breakfast rate which was expensive but the hotel is worth it. From the first entrance we were made to feel welcome and valued. The room was a decent size, very clean and fresh with a large comfy bed, small sofa, mini bar and tray containing coffee, tea, biscuits and hot chocolate, dressing gowns and lovely toiletries. You also get your own cuddly cat on the end of the bed instead of a 'Do not disturb' sign - a nice touch!

Dinner at the brasserie was very tasty especially the home-made ice cream. Breakfast was also great, continental buffet and a menu of hot options to choose from.

The spa, which you get access to as a guest, was great too. A decent sized pool, nice big Jacuzzi style pool, experience shower, steam room and sauna. Comfy loungers round the pool for sitting and reading to relax. No availability for treatments though, so if you want one book in advance.

In conclusion, although expensive, you get what you pay for and more with this hotel. Great for a special occasion or a treat!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to Norton House Hotel & Spa. It is great that you had a fantastic, relaxing weekend and that you felt valued by our team. I am delighted that you liked your room and that you enjoyed breakfast and dinner in the brasserie. I am pleased that you enjoyed the facilities in the Health club. Our spa is very popular especially at weekends and I would always recommend booking treatments in advance to avoid disappointment. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Chris Monks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Garelochhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here on new years eve although I had been to the hotel previously for an event. Lovely hotel and although we didn't have any treatments the swimming pool, sauna etc in the spa were brilliant. Staff were very friendly. The hotel is pricey but you pay for quality.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for posting a review following your stay on New Years Eve. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed the facilities in the club and that you found all the staff friendly. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Norton House Hotel & Spa.
Livingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

As a birthday treat, my husband booked us into the Norton House Hotel for one night, DBB. Our room was upgraded and well worth it. The whole experience was just right for a birthday treat. The room was tastefully decorated and designed for the comfort of the guests.
We couldn't find one thing that was negative about our stay. The only problem was we didn't want to leave after only one night. Maybe next year?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that your whole experience was just right for your birthday treat. It would be great to welcome you back on your next birthday and maybe next time you can stay for two nights.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

It just keeps getting better and better. I stayed here for two nights on business following a recommendation from a friend. On arrival a concierge takes you to your room. The rooms are huge, beautifully decorated, with wonderfully comfortable beds and fantastic showers

The spa is wonderful! I never tried the treatments but the pool, sauna and steam room were great

The restaurant is very nice also with lovely food and a great atmosphere.

All round a fantastic hotel for business or pleasure

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your trip on business. I am delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The purpose of my visit was two fold. To enjoy a 4 night relaxed stay but more importantly to propose to my partner. The staff at Norton House could not have been more helpful.
I spoke with the reservations manager and she was very helpful and really made me feel I had chosen the right place(which is her job but she was right). The staff on reception were extremely helpful and totally understand the importance of customer service. They were all eager to know what my partner said and were genuinely pleased for us!!
The spa was a great place to go and relaxed. The staff are extremely friendly and we could not have asked for more again.
One thing that stood out for me was my last minute request for non alcoholic champagne. I spoke to a gentleman who may have been a senior manager to make my request and his answer was "if I don't have it here I will certainly go out and buy it for you sir" This in my opinion is what sets an average hotel apart from the more superior and service orientated.
I am a Senior manager in a Luxury hotel myself so completely understand the importance of service. Norton House have it spot on. Thank you to ALL the staff for a wonderful experience and hopefully see you for our Anniversary celebrations. Rahim

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I very much appreciate you posting a review following your four night stay at Norton House. I am pleased that you had a wonderful experience and that all your plans for the proposal went so well. With that in mind please let me congratulate you and your partner on your engagement. The team were all delighted with your announcement and they were all genuinely excited to hear the happy news and play a part in the memorable occasion. I was the gentleman to whom you requested the non alcoholic champagne from and I too take great pleasure that I played a part in your special day. I do hope you return to celebrate your anniversary and thank you again for your feedback
Chris Monks.
borders
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We visited norton on a Sunday night deal which included a three course dinner, B and B, complimentary afternoon tea and full use of facilities. This was great value for money, very very relaxing and the spa is fabulous. Very quiet which was just what we were looking for, room was lovely and staff were lovely.

Room Tip: Upgrade if available, we got an executive room for only fifteen pounds extra, well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback following your stay at Norton House Hotel & Spa. I am delighted that you had a relaxing time and that you found the staff lovely. It is great that you took advantage of our Sunday night offer and found it great value for money. I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Erskine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We booked for one night with dinner and a spa treament. The hotel is lovely and staff were great, couldn't fault any of them for helpfulness and great service. We had an executive room in the new wing adn it was lovely, well decorated and spotless.
The spa was the best I had been to, I was looked after from start to finish and loved the atmosphere, decoration and overall feel of the spa, would go back.
The dinner was well cooked, all 3 courses we each had, bit pricey but again so worth it. My only critisism would be the prices in bar, £13.90 for a large glass of average white wine is way too much..A bottle at dinner was £40!
I didnt think the breakfast was up to much, in fact pretty disappointing considering the beautiful meal we had at dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for the new extension, rooms are lovely and upgrade to Executive if you can.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for posting feedback following your stay at Norton House Hotel & Spa.
I am delighted you found the executive room lovely and your comments regarding the service from our team are very much appreciated. Our wine selection is researched extensively and the prices do vary. Wines by the glass range from £4.00 for a 125ml glass and £8.00 for a 250ml, however if a better quality wine is selected then prices will rise accordingly. It is great that you had a beautiful meal at dinner but disappointing to read that you did not enjoy breakfast. Please accept my apology that breakfast did not meet your expectations. Negative feedback regarding breakfast is rare however I will discuss your experience with the Food & Beverage Manager to review with the team. It is fantastic that you loved our Spa and that you would return in the future. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Chris Monks

Been to Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh? Share your experiences!