Me and my husband booked in for one night at Norton hotel to get away from it all. We had a lovely relaxing weekend. We booked a standard room and it was gorgeous, The bed was massive and so soft. I dislike it when hotels where they give you stiff sheets - this was perfect. They even provide you will real milk for your tea/coffee! We were fortunate to get a quiet end room with a lovely view out the window. The spa was excellent and thoroughly recommend the hydro pool!
Now the food....the Brasserie restaurant has a pretty nice ambiance . The meal started very badly with the 'bread basket' bizarre - three tiny pieces of bread with lashings of olive oil. Not warm and we were pretty disappointed My husband ordered ox cheek and it was awesome. I ordered the caramelised onion tart and whilst the sides were lovely...the tart itself was honestly like a desert. The topping tasted the same as apple crumble. I mentioned this to the waitress and she admitted they'de had the same complaint about a previous tart on the menu. So a spot on meal and one that was a bit wrong! None the less presentation was lovely and the staff were very friendly without being fussy.
My husband travels to hotels frequently with work so he knows a lot about what makes a good continental breakfast. He was really let down! There was very little choice of fruits and pastries and I didn't see any yoghurts. I ordered the pancakes and maple syrup - they weren't anything amazing. I think they need to work on their pancake recipe so they are lovely and fresh tasting! I almost feel bad about writing this though because the staff at breakfast were all lovely and so helpful.
So our only reservations come down to the breakfast because evening meal was on the whole a very nice experience minor the things mentioned. The girl on the front desk showed us to our room and even took us right in and showed us around. My husband said this is the best welcome he had and was so impressed she even showed us around. She went to a great deal of effort to swap our complimentary wine from red to white when there was some reservation as to whether it was allowed.
All in all we would definitely come back but please can you take a look at your tart recipe/bread basket for and breakfast menu!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers a fine dining three AA Rosette Restaurant in Edinburgh and the popular contemporary Brasserie in Edinburgh. Norton House Hotel and Spa, four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland