I spent a lot of time reading reviews to find a beautiful hotel(that was affordable but still special) for our annual weekend away from the three little monkeys at home! To be honest, I went with norton house and spa because it seemed nice enough and I booked through secret escapes for a great price! I am so glad I did!! And I will choose it again!! The hotel has easy access to Edinburgh, but you still feel remote and away from the hustle and bustle of the city! We were charmed by the staff and the beautiful foyer. My husband was cheeky and asked for an upgraded room and we were offered the kingdom suit for a very reasonable price. The room was a fabulous size, with a huge roll top bath and a tv...along with a good size shower! We had a large wrap around porch with beautiful views! I did get a look at one of the classic rooms, which we originally booked, and it was very nice aswell and not too small. The room and hotel are very nicely decorated, however, the furniture and walls have seen better days...nothing I would complain about but you won't feel like everything is brand new. Again, the staff is so lovely and accommodating. We were given a late check out aswell since we arrived late Friday night and there was no one in our room for Sunday night. The food was delicious! I loved the goats cheese mouse salad!! And the breakfast that was included was perfect...I have never had a better hot chocolate! The pool and spa were a wonderful treat, too. A bit busy Sunday, but we really enjoyed it Saturday night after a long day out in Edinburgh and before dinner!! We would like to go back and bring the kids with us next time!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers a fine dining three AA Rosette Restaurant in Edinburgh and the popular contemporary Brasserie in Edinburgh. Norton House Hotel and Spa, four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland