“Fanstic stay at fanastic price!” 5 of 5 stars

Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ingliston, Edinburgh EH28 8LX, Scotland   |
Ranked #28 of 147 hotels in Edinburgh
Livingston, Scotland
“Fanstic stay at fanastic price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

choose this hotel due to wanting a spa break and when we look at the price for a room we were surpised that it was affordable! the spa area was very well mantained and tidy! the staff there were fanastic and so helpfull! really enjoyed the use of spa gown and free slippers!
When we check-in we were offered an upgraade for an reduced price but as we were only staying one night we didnt see the point! The room was very modern and couldnt fault anything in the room!
We had a deal that included dinner and breakfast, like most fancy hotel we were expecting small portions but we were surpised and full to get a three-course dinner that we struggle to eat all! Portions were very large and would recommend having dinner at the restaurant!
Bed was soo comfortable and massive!

STAFF - were unbelieveably helpfull! from the bar staff in the spa, reception and bar/restaurant staff couldn't have done anything more to ensure that we were enjoying our break! The hotel was very tidy and clean and plates/glasses were cleared up quickly!

can't wait to go back in a few months!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for posting such a positive review following your stay at Norton House. I am delighted that you had such a great time and that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. Your comments regarding the team are much appreciated and we all look forward to welcoming you back in a couple of months.

674 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed one night on Feb 2. Excellent classic room, if a little too warm. Staff very helpful and pleasant. We were disappointed eating in Brasserie 2. It was too big, slightly soulless, lighting too bright and not very romantic! And it was cold! (The bar area was much warmer). The food though was excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review following your stay at our hotel, I was pleased that you liked your room and that you found the staff to be helpful and pleasant, however I take on board your comments regarding the brassiere and I apologise that the temperature was not to your satisfaction. Thank you again for your constructive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House in the near future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Hotel remains excellent. Superficially Spa looks good. Welcoming staff and well appointed reception and bar area. Good range of facilities but some attention needed to the fabric and cleanliness of the changing rooms to maintain the standard set by the hotel. During recent visit noticed some fittings on the shower doors missing. The costume spinners need a bit of a clean out to remove body hair. More regular swilling of shower area would be handy and might reduce the slight drain smell. Noticed a lot of standing water at poolside in and around the bench area which suggests no run off to drains and the white grouting of the tiled steps into the pool is now a little black. Sort this out and the facilities would be excellent also.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following you stay on business in January, I was happy that you rated the hotel as excellent but I was sorry to read about the maintenance issues that you experienced in our club. I have spoken to both the Club Manager and Maintenance Manager to address the issues you highlighted. I do appreciate your constructive comments; it is only with comments such as these that we can improve the hotels standards.
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight on a business trip with meeting in the hotel the next day.
Have to say that everything about the hotel was great. Food was fantastic. Service prompt and friendly. The bed was probably one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Proper milk in a fridge in the room was a nice touch as was the turn down service. Meeting room was large and well equipped and the lunch provided for 20 people was lovely - not your normal sandwiches and fruit.
Great all around and not overly expensive given the location.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for posting a review following you recent business trip. I was pleased to read that you were impressed with your room and that you liked the little touches such as the fresh milk and the turn down service we provide. Thank you again for your most positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.
Winsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We booked a spa day and an evening meal in the Brasserie to celebrate my mother's 60th Birthday.
We started by arriving just after lunch for our 'elevenses spa day for two' - despite our late arrival (I had a long journey to get there) the staff were warm and welcoming and very quickly made us feel very at ease.
When our food came, the 'elevenses', we were very impressed. Just the right amount of food and the soup was delicious!
Next it was my massage, which was great, very relaxing and also Jade was very helpful with suggestions for aftercare. The spa facilities are excellent, and the experience shower was certainly that!
We left the spa relaxed and refreshed and headed across to the hotel. We had originally booked a classic room for my parents to stay overnight, but my dad was offered an upgrade to the Kingdom Suite upon his arrival, I think this made their evening that bit more special! The suite is fantastic, the free standing bath is something you would expect to see in a boutique hotel! Very impressed!
The meal was wonderful, one of our guests is fairly handicapped, the staff were so accommodating in giving us enough space. The food was fantastic, other than my two year old I'm pretty sure we all cleared out plates! Staff were attentive without being intrusive- and we all left happy and full!

Overall, a fantastic hotel, lovely rooms and feast facilities. But what makes it stand out is the brilliant attitude of every single staff member we encountered. Thank you for a wonderful evening!

• Stayed January 2013
I am very grateful for you taking the time to post a review on trip advisor following your recent stay to celebrate your mothers 60th birthday. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that you highlighted so many positive aspects of your experience. In particular the comments about the staff are most appreciated, the team take great pride in offering attentive service and I am sure they will be very proud when they read this review. Thank you again for such great feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House in the near future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Fully recommend the Norton House Hotel &Spa in Edinburgh. Some of the best spa facilities I have experienced with excellent pool and jacuzzi. Both larger than most other 4/5 star hotels I have visited with some nice extras such as experience showers ! There were 18 of us staying in 7 classic rooms and 2 executive rooms. All were excellent with the executive rooms worth the extra for the luxury and space. We had lunch which everyone enjoyed and great selection for breakfast. The main reason for the excellent rating was the service. From the welcome to Reception to the breakfast staff, everyone was extremely helpful and nothing was a problem. A really great weekend with every one of us leaving singing praises..

Room Tip: We had rooms in all areas and all were really good..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive review following your stay in January. I am delighted that you and your friends had a fantastic stay and that you all enjoyed the Spa facilities, rooms and food. I really do appreciate your kind words regarding the team here, I know that they will be very proud when they read your comments about the service you received and they will be genuinely delighted that they have been recognised for making your weekend so special.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House Hotel and Spa in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night and had a lovely time. We had booked a special January deal with an upgrade to an executive room and a bottle of wine on arrival. The room was fantastic and well appointed (with a TV in the bathroom!) and the staff were friendly and helpful at all times. We had breakfast delivered to our room for a very reasonable £3 surcharge and it arrived beautifully presented at the requested time.

We could not fault the hotel at all and will certainly return.

The hotel is located between Edinburgh airport and the city, which for some means a taxi will be required to arrive/leave. However, with this location you can enjoy the great countryside and you are only 20 minutes or so from the city centre.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a positive review. I was pleased to read that you found all aspects of your stay to be excellent and that you will definitely return to the hotel. On behalf of all the team at Norton House may I thank you for your great feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Chris Monks

Been to Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh? Share your experiences!