“Good solid Italian food for a good price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taste of Italy

Taste of Italy
9 Baxter's Place, Edinburgh, Scotland (Broughton & Calton)
Improve this listing
Ranked #228 of 1,791 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Broughton & Calton
Bolzano, Italy
“Good solid Italian food for a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I visited this restaurant two times during my stay in Edinburgh.

The first time I had a pizza, the second time pasta (ricotta and spinach ravioli in a mushroom sauce) and both times I was satisfied with my choice. I'm Italian so I know what I'm speaking about. :)

The service was good and both times I didn't pay more than 10 pounds together with a small drink.

Therefore, Taste of Italy is a very good choice for people who don't want to spend a fortune for good Italian food in Edinburgh.

• Visited June 2014
tony c, Owner at Taste of Italy, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
I am pleased that you found us and took advantage of the great food and great pricing during your stay. Thank you for your review.

• Polish first
Columbus, Ohio
“Wonderful Service & Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We wandered down here for dinner because it was close to the B & B we were staying in Edinburgh. Staff were very friendly! The service was wonderful & the food was excellent. None of us had a bad meal. The pasta was pesto was outstanding & my daughter enjoyed her cheese pizza. The desserts were amazing! The menu was varied and the value was excellent. We really enjoyed our meal.

• Visited May 2014
tony c, Owner at Taste of Italy, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Pleased to read that you wholly enjoyed your meal with us. Thank you for your custom.

Lochgelly, United Kingdom
“Great wee find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Tasty, great service and excellent value for money. Will definitely come back here for a bit lunch. I recommend trying the Vesuvio pizza which was delicious. An excellent alternative to a expensive restaurant lunch which can set you back 50 quid easy. We had a 14" pizza, chips, a beer and diet coke for 15 quid.

Visited June 2014
tony c, Owner at Taste of Italy, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Taste is great value and a wonderful place to watch the world go by with the large floor to ceiling windows on one of the busiest streets in Edinburgh.

Thank you for your review.

Angela Crolla
“A great find - tasty food, great service and reasonable prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This little restaurant was close to our B&B (Hedges Guest House) and was recommended by our hostess. My wife and I really enjoyed the meal (lasagna) and the overall experience. My rating reflects the quality of the food and service as well as the very reasonable cost. We enjoyed the lasagna so much that, after two weeks away in the Highlands, our first stop back when we returned to Edinburgh was this restaurant for the lasagna.

• Visited May 2014
tony c, Owner at Taste of Italy, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us and your trip to our beautiful country. We appreciate your custom.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have been to this restaurant a few times and today had the pleasure of ordering a chicken Caesar salad. It was excellent and priced at just under £5.00 was exceptional value for money. The service is always great and with such a varied menu from burgers, to pasta etc I can highly recommend a visit. There are tables outside too. A really nice experience, yet again.

Visited June 2014
tony c, Owner at Taste of Italy, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. With the hint of summer on us,Taste is a wonderful place to come for a coffee or a salad, and watch the world go by with our out door area.

Thank you for your review.