“BBB, BRILLIANT BED AND BREAKFAST!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Allison House Hotel

You added Allison House Hotel to your Saves list
Allison House Hotel
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   17 Mayfield Gardens, Edinburgh EH9 2AX, Scotland (South Side)   |
Ranked #155 of 444 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Greenock, United Kingdom
“BBB, BRILLIANT BED AND BREAKFAST!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

stay here every year while visiting the tattoo. brill location. buses regular to centre and only cost £1.40! breakfast is superb and staff are first class! cannot recommend enough. staff are very helpful and pleasant . rooms clean complimentary whisky!

Room Tip: try for room at back. this is a major city and you do ge traffic noise or if cant get room at back...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Without the luxury of an extra bedroom, when my parents come to visit me they nearly always stay here. So welcoming, and comfortable, Owners and a Manager that are only too happy to help and are as involved or as uninvolved with your stay as you want them to be! My parents always like going here, easy to get to, spacious rooms, free parking and best of all....a superb breakfast offering; so much to choose from and they are always so accommodating of their guest's local living son who has nothing in his fridge and comes for breakfast! I agree with gabriella turino......a great homely place to stay!

Room Tip: Call the hotel rather than go through an agency, will always get the best price that way!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Loved the Allison House. Loved the staff, the room and especially the breakfast. It was handy for Edinburgh City Center and in a nice part of the city. Good value for the price paid. I am planning using it for a golf trip next.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Inverness
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We always stay at Allison House on our visits to Edinburgh. The location is gr8, far enough away from the bustle of the center but convenient to get there. Our room is always very comfortable and spotlessly clean. We have never paid seperately for breakfast which i must say is excellent, huge selection of fresh fruits, cereals, juices plus you can have kippers!!!!!

Room Tip: Try for the room overlooking the stunning garden.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I am working as a Travel Agent based in Italy and I came so often to Edinburgh for business and I Can not BELIEVE what I have just read in the previous comment!
I have been at the Alison 20 times and I have to say that the rooms are so well cleaned, staff is extremely helpful especially Richard and the owners that are so nice!!!
Breakfast is GREAT, may be too much !!!!!!!!! I am glad that they do not offer dinner dinner otherwise I will be back to Italy with an extra 5 pounds on my weight!
I have travelled around the world, this is my job and Ii can say that the Alisson is One of my favourite place, it is like to be at home and I feel so relax, cosy and happy when I see Richard, David and AnneMarie wishing me a safe journey home. They are my " family" in Scotland! Thank guys!!!! You are the BEST!!!!! Gabriella

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden. Easy to get to city centre by bus , only 15 mts. Walking dis...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

It was one of the best guest houses we could find on booking.com for the price and the distance to the city centre (with bus about 5-10 minutes, walking is a little to long). The house looks better from the outside as from the inside. Our room was to tiny for 2 people, sad we didn't get one like on the pictures, the shower was in a bad shape. The worst breakfast we had during our whole trip and the only place were full scottish breakfast costs extra?! The welcoming wishky in the room could not make it up.

Stayed May 2012
Dumfries
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is one of the best B & Bs we have stayed in. We have been about 5 times now to their 3-day theatre breaks. Anne-Marie, David and Richard are all extremely welcoming, helpful and we just love going. David cooks a wicked breakfast.!! The hotel is very clean, warm and comfortable. It is quiet at night. Just left there this morning and are working on our next trip already. It is only 10 minutes from the city and there is a bus stop across the road so we leave our car at the Allison and use the buses. Many thanks once again - simply the best.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Allison House Hotel? Share your experiences!