“Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Friendly & comfortable hotel with a very central position, parking is a bit of a problem but once there was a space the staff were very helpful, the pillows were a bit soft and it was a good job I took my body lotion! but the staff were great made our holiday much better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found my staff to be friendly and helpful. If you stay with us again and need body lotion please just let Reception know and they will arrange for it to be sent to your room. We always hold a complimentary supply just in case a guest requires some.

I do appreciate your kind review and hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Lindsay Sturrock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Perfect for short stopover visits. Pub and general store opposite. Restaurants a-plenty nearby. Good, simple own menu. Not overpriced like many other Edin hotels!
I have stayed here a couple of times on business, and I will rebook.

• Stayed September 2012
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest

It's great to read that you have used us before and plan to keep staying here. Repeat custom is really important and it is always good to hear that we have satisfied guests.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Paisley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great room with a view of the castle in the Grassmarket area. Highly recommend this hotel. Staff very welcoming, rooms very clean. Cracking walk-in shower room. Cost £150 per room per night unless you book with Trivago - got the room for £64. Bargain.

Room Tip: Request a castle view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the great view from your room and found the hotel to be good value for money. Next time you stay with us please remember to check our own website as well as we offer a price match guarantee and also include a complimentary £10.00 food and beverage voucher for direct bookings.

I do appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Mohegan Lake, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We couldn't have asked for anything better. This hotel is clean, wonderful service, and close to the action. There are multiple pubs and restaurants footsteps from the door of the hotel. The Edinburgh Castle is the backdrop for the hotel and a five minute walk away as is the Royal Mile. We took the breakfast package and were very pleased. They offer a wonderful menu and the service is fast and efficient so that you can begin your day of touring. We recommend this hotel for your stay in Edinburgh.

Stayed April 2013
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review of the Apex City hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and felt you received good service from my staff. Your positive feedback is important to me and really helps to motivate my team.

Thank you again and I do hope you will have the opportunity to return to Edinburgh in the future.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We dined at this hotel in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland as part of tour, even though we didn't stay at this hotel. It was a small room upstairs that had a great view of the Edinburgh Castle which was nicely lite up and you could easily see parts of downtown, which we went into after dining. The food was great and they accommodated my lactose problem with substitutions easily.

Room Tip: I did not spend the night in this hotel, we only dined. It's a great location for city center t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you did not get a chance to stay with us, but am pleased you enjoyed your meal and the fine views of the Castle. If you manage to get back to Edinburgh again in the future I do hope you will keep us in mind?

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights over the easter break, we chose this hotel to celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary. Our room 3107, was clean throughout and also had a great view of the castle. The staff from receptionist Magda who was lovely and as were the restaurant staff and not forgetting the domestic cleaner who cleaned our room. Our gratitude to Vinnie and Robert who made our anniversary special, please convey our thanks to them. Edinburgh itself is beautiful city and the castle has great panoramic views, there's so much to see and do, wasn't enough time for us and will be back.

• Stayed March 2013
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting such a nice review about the staff at the Apex City - I will make a point of passing on your praise. I'm really glad you had a good stay with us and liked your room.

Congratulations for your Ruby Wedding Anniversary and please keep us in mind when you return to see the sights you missed this time.

Suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I booked two rooms for a client and myself for two nights, both rooms were clean with large beds, a bath and walk in shower - we had a very comfortable stay. The cooked breakfast left a lot to be desired but the continental selection was fine. The hotel is really well situated, a short walk to Missonis for cocktails, lots of restaurants nearby, we walked to the castle and to Holyrood Palace. Victoria Street (out of the hotel, cross the road and first left) is GREAT - several independent stores - a great liquor shop called Demijohn & a lovely boutique with hand made garments - Totty Rocks. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a castle view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and "would definitely stay with us again". I did note however that you were disappointed by your cooked breakfast. If you have a spare minute to let me know what the problem was I would very much appreciate so I can ensure future guests do not experience the same issues. My e-mail address is lindsay.sturrock@apexhotels.co.uk

Thank you for your review and I do hope you will stay with us again soon.

Lindsay sturrock

Been to Apex City Hotel? Share your experiences!